GT500 spoiler installed...

rfugio68

Established Member
I want one. But ill buy a ford one and have it painted. Always like oem for long time durability

That's what my original plan was. But it really is a good quality part with no fitment issues. And it's a little longer than the oem one making it look more agressive.

RC-5.0

Established Member
What method did you guys use to remove the old tape that everyone say is tough to remove?

?

I just pulled up slowly on the whole spoiler till it lifted. I tried adhesive remover for the tape, but IMO was too messy so I did it the old fashioned way.....I lifted it slowly with my fingers and kept rolling it back on itself, and the lift up/break-away was perfect...have to go really slow...took me an hour for the lid but it was clean, not messy, and no scratches.

I want one but I don't want to have the holes filled from a body shop that the CS leaves.

That was my boat, but I found a local guy with a V6 in the SAME Color, same flat black back piece and also with SIRI radio antenna...got lucky :pepper:

RC

GT500Spoiler02_zps05efaa7a.jpg

GT500Spoiler05_zps3f00b59b.jpg

Last edited:

scott_0

Established Member
looks awesome! I'm a huge fan of the gt500 wing, I'd order one today if I didn't have the CS style wing on my car

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
I ordered mine and did a bit of research, AM doesnt include the Gurney flap and CJ does. Ended up order one from CJ for $313.49 shipped to cali.

The only pain I heard was removing the short stock spoiler, other than that the install takes no longer than 5 mins! Can't wait!

BTW, does anyone know where I can buy a v6 trunk badge? The GT badge is too plain, was hoping to find the mustang with red/white/blue badge but havent seen one I can order.

cmsnake

Established Member
Looks good, im close to buying one.

Has anyone installed this on a spoiler delete car? Also, what the difference in the gurney flap and not? Both websites (AM and CJ) look the same?

scott_0

Established Member
I ordered mine and did a bit of research, AM doesnt include the Gurney flap and CJ does. Ended up order one from CJ for $313.49 shipped to cali.

The only pain I heard was removing the short stock spoiler, other than that the install takes no longer than 5 mins! Can't wait!

BTW, does anyone know where I can buy a v6 trunk badge? The GT badge is too plain, was hoping to find the mustang with red/white/blue badge but havent seen one I can order.
I got mine on ebay. was a take off, looked brand new other than having to replace the double sided tape

RC-5.0

Established Member

Yeah, 5 mins after the several to remove the stock one and close to an hour to clean up all that tape reside without harming the paint. :lol: Good Luck

Looks good, im close to buying one.

Has anyone installed this on a spoiler delete car? Also, what the difference in the gurney flap and not? Both websites (AM and CJ) look the same?

I have not installed on a delete car but you will have to drill the holes.. They give you templates and instructions for this.
The flap is painted black and looks like a separate segment of the wing. You can see the black in my photo above but not the segment part of it.
RC

14RRstang

Established Member
Wish I had the same luck. I ordered one off AM and the MMD quarter louvers and the paint is off on both products. I have a ruby red car and the parts are to dark. AM said I could return them but Im gonna go check a body shop Monday and see if its worth it to get the unpainted ones and have them matched. One body shop said they would probably have the same results :cryying:

AfricanSnowOwl

Established Member
I replaced my backup camera spoiler with one of these. Ended up drilling a hole in the faux gas cap and sticking the camera there. Works great and the camera is barely noticable.

Users who are viewing this thread