GT500 special tool

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
So guys I was driving to the turkey rod run in floridia 2 days after thanksgiving when my clutch started to slip. I have a 2007 with 24000 miles on it and have not taken it in to do the TSB on it. Now it has been at the ford dealership for nearly 2 weeks and I called today to find out where they are at with the car. They tell me that everything is in but they are waiting on a "SPECIAL TOOL" they had to order from shelby. Can anyone tell me if there is a special tool required to do the TSB? Just doesnt seem right that they would have to order a tool directly from shelby.

2kmelat

Established Member
there is a tool they need i cant think what it is right now but if they did a tranny job on a mustang gt they should have it.

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I think its called the special tool for that special spot?

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Daily driver?

Curious if your clutch has seen a lot of hard use or if you noticed any TSB (flywheel) related symptoms prior to observing slippage? I.e. difficulty engaging gears or creeping in gear with the clutch depressed.

Also, are they covering it under the 3/36 or 5/50?

L1ghtning

2001 ford lightning
Established Member
It is not my daily driver. I bad none of the TSB indications that it talked about. My car is stock and it has never been on a drag strip. I get on it every once in a while. But I was driving down the highway with cruise set at 80 and went to past a car and when I hit the gas the car sounded like it revel up for a second and then it took off. No clutch smell or anything like you would expect. I have had clutches slip on cars in the past and none felt like this. I'm guessing it is a drivetrain issue since my car didn't go into failsafe mode and no check engine light. The car was telling me to shift in 6th gear cruising which I have never seen before. Once you cruise in 6th it normally doesn't give the yellow shift light correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
The car was telling me to shift in 6th gear cruising which I have never seen before. Once you cruise in 6th it normally doesn't give the yellow shift light correct me if I'm wrong.

youre right. that doesnt sound right

MADGREEK

Established Member
It is not my daily driver. I bad none of the TSB indications that it talked about. My car is stock and it has never been on a drag strip. I get on it every once in a while. But I was driving down the highway with cruise set at 80 and went to past a car and when I hit the gas the car sounded like it revel up for a second and then it took off. No clutch smell or anything like you would expect. I have had clutches slip on cars in the past and none felt like this. I'm guessing it is a drivetrain issue since my car didn't go into failsafe mode and no check engine light. The car was telling me to shift in 6th gear cruising which I have never seen before. Once you cruise in 6th it normally doesn't give the yellow shift light correct me if I'm wrong.

Just happen to me, took it in to ford, :shrug:they test drove it and then order the parts for me:beer:. 2007 #700 build in 06 (17k on her). Its cover by the 5 years or 50k mile powertrain warranty, cause my 07 is older then the 3year bumper to bumper warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread