GT500 sighting

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Saw a mineral greyish with light silverish stripes (sorry I don't know the official color names :p ) GT500 on Franconia in Alexandria today at the shell.

I'll say that I haven't seen many (one other one) in person, but this one was pretty damn nice. I had thought I didn't like them all that much but this one sorta changed my mind.

Very nice car. And a GREAT color combo IMO.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Ironic you mention seeing one Andrew.....About an hour ago I saw a Red w/ white stiper in Rockville. Only the 3rd one I've seen on the road since they've been out. And I'm always looking.....

SVT-VNM

*** Snow, Needs to Detail
Established Member
That's the one I've seen - probably some old dealers car because he hasn't posted on here from what I can tell. Real nice car though.

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
thats a guy that lives in my neighborhood, actually on the road that runs beside that shell (old rolling) he;s a lawyer. i went out with his daughter.

he the one with the mineral grey 03 for sale for 24K now, that springfield motorsports told him it would be ok to install a 2.93 pulley without a tune, and the guy drives the hell out of it.

but yes, very nice car.

i also see a red with white stripes around the area too, both of them are cool guys.

pj_rage

Mustang Enthusiast
Established Member
Yeah he was an older gentlemen and I saw him heading off down the road from the shell, must have been the same guy.

He did have an SCT badge on the upper right of the trunk lid so maybe he has a tune now?

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
he said he was getting a tune, pulley, exhaust, and intake done at springfield.

its his 03 he has a 2.93 lightning pulley on, and no tune.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Sheehy Ford in G'burg has this same color combo on their lot - still want $10K over sticker, though! :cuss:

I have yet to see one "at random" on the road - just at car shows and GTG's and stuff...

convert03cobra

Established Member
I work with a guy who has a red one. He got his about 5 months ago for 53K out the door (taxes, tags, etc). He got it from Koon's and has been going there for years so they gave him a good deal.

98mdsnake

Established Member
I saw one in Frederick on RT 144 by the MVA last week about 4pm. It was black with the red stripes. That is the 3rd different one I've seen with 2 of them being in Frederick.

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
convert03cobra said:
I work with a guy who has a red one. He got his about 5 months ago for 53K out the door (taxes, tags, etc). He got it from Koon's and has been going there for years so they gave him a good deal.

10k over sticker doesnt sound like a good deal to me.:poke:

NOXCUSES

Z0SICK
Established Member
I have seen a few here in Delaware. A red with white stripes, and a blue with white strips are the only colors I have seen.

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
Saw a Grabber Orange w/ white stripes on the toll rd/495 last week. Of course I was in the damn Infinity but we were in pretty heavy traffic anyway. I actually really liiked the color combo. Those cars are definitely growning on me......

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
NOXCUSES said:
Austin, if the Shelby had options and with taxes, title, etc, that's probably a 5k markup which most feel is a "decent" deal nowadays.

kingCOBRAsvt_99

STOCK..looking
Established Member
NOXCUSES said:

5 months ago that price wouldnt have been a bad deal.

I still wouldnt pay it but you gotta pay to play if you want a GT500 right now it seems.

wheelhopper

Established Member
I'll wait a couple more years. Pick me up a used one w/ low miles on it for say, $35K. In a few more years the hype will be lower. Plus the new Camaro and Challenger will be out.

TDoh

Torquey Pig
Established Member
Saw my first Shelby GT on the road yesterday, blue with white. Pretty nice, actually...for a GT!

(sorry, Dale)

Users who are viewing this thread