GT500 Shifter Options

390PLUS

Established Member
Looking for some advise on what shifter you all have been putting into your 07-09 GT500's. I was going to go with MGW, but I guess they don't make it for the GT500 anymore.

Thanks.

manOwar

Established Member
Looking for some advise on what shifter you all have been putting into your 07-09 GT500's. I was going to go with MGW, but I guess they don't make it for the GT500 anymore.

Thanks.

They made one. I though I was going to get it but the owner bought a GT500!!:fm:

I have the Tri-Ax and have no complaints... A lot of guys have gone with the Shelby shifter and like it....:shrug:

skyhighsd

Established Member
Another vote for the pro 5.0 I love the fact that you can not miss a 2nd to 3rd shift with it.

breoland

Established Member
i ordered the shelby billet shifter, so that it would bolt right up to my kr stick and ball.
I have always loved pro5.0 in all my mustangs, didnt realize they made one for the gt500

Red10thcv

Established Member
Can't Go Wrong.

The factory shifter is such a "l-o-n-g" throw that anything is better. Just your own choice of shifter-handle-ball. I've got the Ford Racing KR/shifter, stock handle, and a Grabber Pony ball. I love the combination and have gotten alot of compliments from the choice friends that have driven the car.
Just a note: If your doing the install your self, do a search for "How to install a Shifter" and look for my thread with 6-Speed's post with pics. It will help out alot. You'll really enjoy the feel it once it's installed.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Shelby Performance Parts billet shifter.

I went with it over the TriAx because you can use the stock handle, their handle, or the KR/FRPP units.

Plus it has the second torque arm to keep it stabilized.

The KR/FRPP Shifter is like a short throw version of the stock shifter with slightly stiffer springs. It's still a flimsy stamped/riveted base with the stock torque arms, which you can basically fold up in your hands. (Not knocking it for general street use, but I wouldn't want it for drag/abuse)

Users who are viewing this thread