GT500 Plastics/valences

boorah

Under Pressure
Established Member
what is everyone using on the GT500 exterior plastics/grilles etc? I am looking for a product that will not streak when it rains.

Thanks!

redrocket16

Established Member
Adam's SVRT and In and Out spray are great products from them. Highly recommend both of those.

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member

boorah

Under Pressure
Established Member
I bought the 303 as recommended, applied with foam applicator. 2 hours later buffed with microfiber. Morning before NMRA buffed again with microfiber. It rained friday night, and streaks from the 303 run down the door from the mirrors, 1/4 from antenna, trunk from gps, and hood from vents. The product was used sparingly and wiped off twice and still streaked from the rain.

Anyone else have a suggestion?

MattZ28

Established Member
Try buffing with a terry cloth instead of microfiber. Sometimes microfiber won't remove enough excess residue, but terry cloth usually does the trick. :)

boorah

Under Pressure
Established Member
I think the problem is that it is water soluble... not what i used to wipe it off with.

Works great on interior though

redrocket16

Established Member
Give the Adam's a try if you arn't happy with the 303. Best thing about Adam's if you don't like it they have a 110% money back guarantee, can't beat that. There are also plenty of dealers located around the country. Check out their website and see if one is close to you to give you a demo of the products.

svt 500

Established Member
Turtle wax Ice. It will soak it up and you hardly have to wipe it off unless you put too much on it. Beads up well and last for several months.

Users who are viewing this thread