GT500 Pedal Assembly Part #?

96svtdriver

Established Member
Since noone seems to know I called Tousley Ford this morning and these are the numbers they gave me for the 2010 GT500 Clutch/Brake Assembly, apparently there are two. The only difference I believe being the finish on them:

Standard finish: AR3Z2455A - quoted to be ~$180
Polished finish: AR3Z2455B

Hope this helps people out there who want to get away from the faulty stock GT pedal assembly. Why these just weren't just used from the factory is beyond me.

Entrenched

Established Member
Just to let you know, I would go with a 2011 pedal assy. I have the 2010 (no part number) I ordered from Tousley, and they use a different brake pedal switch and the clutch switch pad height is different. This can be fixed via some rubber washers but I'd order the right pedal assy first and avoid messing with this.

96svtdriver

Established Member
If I'm understanding what I've read correctly the reason to go to the GT500's pedal setup is because of the spring(s) themselves and how they interact with the slave cylinder with certain angles etc etc. I don't know, geometery isn't my forte' and that could definately be right.

I would think though, there would be some advantage to swapping in the GT500's setup versus the stock pedals, even less the spring because they both come out and go in pretty much the same way from what I've been reading. It just seems removing the spring from the stock setup is the cheaper way to go overall and that's about it.

Users who are viewing this thread