Gt500 owners

AlanSVT

Established Member
Why Are most gt500 assholes???? Just seen a older gentlemen go up to a ford service rep at the dealer and start yelling and screaming about how he wants and must have a Svt certified mechanic work on the car.

From what I see most gt500 owners around my area Think there shit don't stink. Kinda embarrassing to associate with them.

Swyped while swerving

oldlugs

Established Member
Wow; too funny.
They shouldn't feel so special; everyone's an A-hole around here.. :)

Para81

Established Member
Not sure. I'm usually in a good mood when in my GT500. I noticed most the Shelby owners I've run into are friendly in the Florida area anyway.

Brian Z.

Established Member
The GT500 owners around here have always been friendly enough. Of course there are pricks in every walk of life, whether they are driving GT500's or Pintos.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Hey, I pay 48K for the right to be an asshole LOL. Can't generalize the people by the cars. Never know, maybe he knew something about the mechanics that weren't certified. After my experiences with dealerships, even worked at one over 20 years ago, I just fix them myself. Stops all the arguments lol

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I don't share your experience, but then again, I'm the only person around here that has a GT500 so maybe they are all assholes around here too... :lol:

TexasShelby

Established Member
Wow, that's a new one on me as well.
I've struck up converstations with Shelby owners in dealerships not even telling them I own one. Usually they are very nice and love to talk about their car. I know I do.

Perhaps he had bad luck with previous service that warranted that. I did, but I simply didn't return to the dealership for service. I just smiled and left. Nor did I return for the 3 new cars later I purchased, I still won't visit that dealership. But someone very high up in the company cornered me one night at a local gig I was playing and asked me why I drive an extra 50 miles. So I very quietly and politely told him. He shook my hand, smiled and said, well, the service mgr is somewhat of an asshole, and there is nothing he can do about that. I told him, I knew that, that's why I simply went somewhere else.

If that's not the case, it's HIS fault. He should have spent a little time getting to know the service mgr "before" he needed service. And asked if he had someone HE would trust working on his own car. If you treat people with a little respect, you will be surprised just how much you get in return.

All the way through my warranty, all I had to do is pick up the phone and call the service mgr of the selling dealership (115 miles aways) and he would come get the car no matter where it was. And he always took my word and fixed whatever it was that needing fixing, and then some. The car was handled with great care and always returned to me in the same condition as I left it in, cleaniness wise. That's what a dealership is supposed to at that level.

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Why Are most gt500 assholes???? Just seen a older gentlemen go up to a ford service rep at the dealer and start yelling and screaming about how he wants and must have a Svt certified mechanic work on the car.

From what I see most gt500 owners around my area Think there shit don't stink. Kinda embarrassing to associate with them.

Swyped while swerving

WHAT THE FoCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HOW DARE YOU TALK ABOUT US THAT WAY? WITH WHAT THESE CARS COST WE DESERVE TO BE CATERED TO! PLUS, I WANT A FERRARI AS A LOANER.;-)

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
If you take a sample from any single group of Americans, regardless of what they're similarities are or why they're grouped together, you'll find a 10% asshole rate almost 100% of the time. It's the old rule, the few ruin it for the many.
This argument is kinda the same as bashing cops because you ran into a handful that we're (by your standards) "assholes". I know A LOT of cops that are great guys and would do anything for anyone and I know a few that are complete A-holes. Those few are the ones that you'll remember because anything that shocks your sense of reality will always stand out. To localize all cops as (or Shelby owners in this case) as A-holes because of those few standing out in your mind is a trait of a very simple minded mentality.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Hell I could be wrong. But I was told anyone can be a SVT mechanic. All you have to do is take a online test. LOL oh well glad to see its just a NC thing.

Well have fun all you a holes.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
You see one incident at one dealer and then associate that most gt500 owners around your area think their shit doesn’t stink.
Wow!!! Not sure about all of that but if my GT500 went into service for warranty work I would want no other mechanic touching it than a SVT certified mechanic. There is an example of why this is important in an old thread but off the top of my head: GT500 goes into dealer service for warranty work and it is determined that the engine needs to have some major work done. Work is complete and owner picks up. The blue SVT valve covers are missing along with the SVT plate on the VC's. Turns out the dealer had no idea the significance of the VC's.
I guess if you want your GT500 serviced like any other Mustang then it doesn't make a difference. To me it does. I want the right people working on the right car.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
My dad drove a Pinto. He is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet. I drive a GT500 and even my dad calls me an asshole.:lol1:

The GT500 owners around here have always been friendly enough. Of course there are pricks in every walk of life, whether they are driving GT500's or Pintos.

mustangmike02

SVTless
Established Member
My dad owns one, 2010 with I
Believe 68k miles and counting, never ran to a dealer with it or had any issues. I wouldn't say he's a asshole either. He
Used to own a 05 corvette, went well with the balding hair. I don't encounter many other gt500 owners. I feel those assholes you mention are probably non forum users.

TexasShelby

Established Member
Old man was probably just mad he had just got beaten by a ZL1

You funny guy
LMAO.gif

TexasShelby

Established Member
You see one incident at one dealer and then associate that most gt500 owners around your area think their shit doesn’t stink.
Wow!!! Not sure about all of that but if my GT500 went into service for warranty work I would want no other mechanic touching it than a SVT certified mechanic. There is an example of why this is important in an old thread but off the top of my head: GT500 goes into dealer service for warranty work and it is determined that the engine needs to have some major work done. Work is complete and owner picks up. The blue SVT valve covers are missing along with the SVT plate on the VC's. Turns out the dealer had no idea the significance of the VC's.
I guess if you want your GT500 serviced like any other Mustang then it doesn't make a difference. To me it does. I want the right people working on the right car.

I have to agree, but then again, like I said previously, one should spend some time getting to know the serv mgr, not just walk in and start barking. If they don't have cert. techs, simply go somewhere else. Not all dealerships are going to be good. I had an oil change that ended up costing me $117 and took me 2 days to clean the engine bay from oil, dirt and crap they left behind, plus oil in my garage dripped for days.
In retrospect, I should have asked that someone please take care in changing the oil and not let a freakin baboon do it. I didn't think at the time I had to, but now I always confirm that a mechanic that actually cares about his work, works on my car. Luckily I've only had mine in the shop 3 times for issues in the almost 6 years I've had it.

Users who are viewing this thread