GT500 owners w/aftermarket blowers...come in

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Just wanted to get some thoughts on choosing between a 3.4 Whipple or 2.8H Mammoth KenneBell for my new 08 GT500.

Any comments related to this are welcome.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
I don't have a GT500, but you can't go wrong with either of those blowers. The KB's have been known to "whine" louder than the Whipple so if you like that you may want to choose KB. Whipple has been known for better customer service. It's really a toss up. They are both going to make equal numbers. Do you have a preference?

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
I don't have a GT500, but you can't go wrong with either of those blowers. The KB's have been known to "whine" louder than the Whipple so if you like that you may want to choose KB. Whipple has been known for better customer service. It's really a toss up. They are both going to make equal numbers. Do you have a preference?

Well not really. I have a KB on my 03 cobra. I just put a whipple kit on my F150...

The whipple has been giving me fits, but after about 4 tech phone calls, Art Whipple himself personally got on the phone and is helping me resolve my problems. That's customer service right there.

I'm not concerned about "noise" or under-hood aesthetics, I just want to make gobs of power, repeatedly and reliably. :rockon:

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
Well not really. I have a KB on my 03 cobra. I just put a whipple kit on my F150...

The whipple has been giving me fits, but after about 4 tech phone calls, Art Whipple himself personally got on the phone and is helping me resolve my problems. That's customer service right there.

I'm not concerned about "noise" or under-hood aesthetics, I just want to make gobs of power, repeatedly and reliably. :rockon:

I have also talked to Art Whipple personally when I had the 2.3 on my car. Just some general tech questions I had and he was more than willing to help out. Good guy. The customer service stories are the reason I chose the Whipple to begin with. All in all they will both make similar numbers. I think the Whipple may have a little more room to expand those numbers just because of the larger displacement. You really can't go wrong either way. I'd look for the best deal on one of them. I think the Whipple may even be a little less than the KB, especially if you get it through Steve at Tously Ford. He is a member here.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^You can't get the 3.4 Whipple from Tousley only the 2.3's. KB's customer service is right with Whipple's but it might take 20 phone calls to get through to them. When you get them on the phone they are as nice and as helpful as can be.

03 Whippled Cobra

Established Member
^You can't get the 3.4 Whipple from Tousley only the 2.3's. KB's customer service is right with Whipple's but it might take 20 phone calls to get through to them. When you get them on the phone they are as nice and as helpful as can be.

Good info. I didn't realize Steve couldn't get the 3.4. I still think it is a little cheaper than the KB.

I have also heard the same thing about KB customer service, that when you do get a hold of them they are very informative and helpful. Unfortuantely, being available to customers is all part of the service experience.

Users who are viewing this thread