Gt500 officially at 500hp!!!!!!

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
I completely agree, I just don't think the gross underrating will happen this time around. I also question the validity of the 15% driveline loss that everyone seems to automatically use. The vettes tranny may be less and it's hp figures cold be right on. If we split the difference and go with 455rwhp and figure in a 12% loss, you would get 517fwhp, which is ~2% from advertised and well within the allowable variance for the SAE method.

Hell, eveyone thought that the GT was putting out around 625-650 actual HP, but it turned out the driveline loss was much less with the rear transaxle and the motors really only puts out ~575fwhp.

Like the last cobras which dynoed anywhere form 350's to 390's, I just don't see that large of a fluctuation with the new SAE method. Obviously, chassis dynoes are terrible at measuring actual engine output so that may be the main cause for the massive variances.

If these new GT500's put down 470rw, like some insist, that would make them a conservative 535fwhp and I'm just having a hard time believing it will be that much with the new cetification process being used.

Hissman's/your predictions/inside info have been pretty much right on all along, so I tend to believe everything you say.

We are just going to have to wait and find out :thumbsup:

I hear you regarding the driveline loss figure, that variable could play a major role in this. I'm not saying 470rw for the GT500 at this point, but 460 isn't out of the realm of possibility.

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
stang22 said:
I'll bet its going to be $39595 +Taxes and any options(coupe)!!! :beer:

i would love for that to be the case but i really doubt it. Im pretty sure dealer will mark it up at least $5000. I went to my local dealer and they told me some guy already reserved one for 80,000!!! now that guy is retarted or insanely RICH!

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
but at least for all you guys thats going to trade in your 03/04 cobras, there will be more terminators in the dealers lot of me to pick :) I cant imagine what the insurance will cost on these beasts, i know the terminator is about $800 / 6months.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
The Terminator was 425fwhp with lower flowing heads, maybe smaller cams, smaller blower, about 1lb less boost, and 50 less cubic inches. I think that 500fwhp is an underrating, SAE or not. We know that the SAE rated C6 Z06 is underrated, so why not the GT500.

BTW, that lighter clutch flywheel arrangement may add couple of rwhp.

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
TORQUERULES said:
The Terminator was 425fwhp with lower flowing heads, maybe smaller cams, smaller blower, about 1lb less boost, and 50 less cubic inches. I think that 500fwhp is an underrating, SAE or not. We know that the SAE rated C6 Z06 is underrated, so why not the GT500.

BTW, that lighter clutch flywheel arrangement may add couple of rwhp.
because the C6Z may NOT be underated. it also uses a transaxle which are known to be more efficient than axle/transmission.

chuckstang

Established Member
Ive been told numerous times that the Ford GT puts down 550 to the wheels.
This car is a huge bang for the buck. HELLO 500hp for $40k

CaliCobra

Established Member
When and if you can buy them for 40K. Go ahead, give me a number to call the dealer that will sell me one for that.. :D

The sticker doesnt matter, its what you can get one for and when. Currently the car at what its being sold for is an overpriced, overweight....well you know...

The Z06 is the current bang for the buck leader without question, and will be for quite some time till the dumbass Shelby buyers stop the frenzy. Though thats just in looking at HP. There is no way a Shelby will every be able to match the Z's total performance envelope for anthing close to the same $$.

jshen

Established Member
Wishing4Cobra said:
but at least for all you guys thats going to trade in your 03/04 cobras, there will be more terminators in the dealers lot of me to pick :) I cant imagine what the insurance will cost on these beasts, i know the terminator is about $800 / 6months.

Nah...I'm paying ~$800 per year..

Does anyone know IF there is a gas guzzler tax on the GT500?

earl lee

Established Member
jshen said:
Nah...I'm paying ~$800 per year..

Does anyone know IF there is a gas guzzler tax on the GT500?

Eh, im willing to bet that there will be.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
FWIW.
Mods for 4V Mods-Part 3, pg 177 Dec. '04 MM&FF

03 Cobra Crate engine w/ Eaton @ 8.7psi= 488HP & 455TQ
03 Cobra Crate engine w/ 01 intake & TB= 369HP & 377TQ

All measurements performed on a Superflow Engine Dyno.

FBMphil

Established Member
Turbo98 said:
FWIW.
Mods for 4V Mods-Part 3, pg 177 Dec. '04 MM&FF

03 Cobra Crate engine w/ Eaton @ 8.7psi= 488HP & 455TQ
03 Cobra Crate engine w/ 01 intake & TB= 369HP & 377TQ

All measurements performed on a Superflow Engine Dyno.
Those numbers are a joke. Read the fine print where they mention open headers, electric water pump, no accessories, FAST management, etc.

Saleen4971

Established Member
anybody know what exactly gives the GT that extra 50hp/20tq over the GT500?? is it just the intake/exhasut systems and ECU tune?

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
Saleen4971 said:
anybody know what exactly gives the GT that extra 50hp/20tq over the GT500?? is it just the intake/exhasut systems and ECU tune?

One of the main factors that many overlook is the oiling system.

The dry sump oiling system can give you ~40ish. I'm not sure if it's that much for the mod motors, but that is what the typical gains for a viper motor going from wet to dry.

It will definately give you measurable HP gains.

Fourcam330

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
One of the main factors that many overlook is the oiling system.

The dry sump oiling system can give you ~40ish. I'm not sure if it's that much for the mod motors, but that is what the typical gains for a viper motor going from wet to dry.

It will definately give you measurable HP gains.

15-20rw.

FKing1

Established Member
03supersonic said:
get ready to pay every bit of $45000 :bs:
You forgot the Dealer markup (can you say gouge?)
I've seen ads in a Car Mag asking 10 grand over MSRP.
Will wait a year or so. Love my 04 too much.

Fred
:poke:

satx

Banned
Saleen4971 said:

I think think GT is on more boost from the factory.....also has a different blower.

Users who are viewing this thread