GT500 market soft?

nrmustang

Established Member
Is it just me, or does it seem like all the GT500's that hit the SVTP market seem like they aren't moving? (mine included)

I've got mine up on craigslist as well as SVTP, and hardly any bites. It kinda sucks when you're ready to move on to another project and you can't get excited until you sell your last one (so my wife says).

Any thoughts?

SonicHD

Smoke em if you got em
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm in the same boat. Looking to move on to something else myself, and a GT500 is on the short list and yours is a nice one. Not to far away too.... if only the planets were aligned right at this time it would certainly be one for me to consider.

ShelbyGT5HUN

Established Member
I've had GREAT luck selling all my past project cars, and I found my current GT500, on ebay. When I sold, it was at no reserve, remember it is an auction site. People like to bid, and get a deal. To most people, ebay gives the transaction more legitimacy than forum sites, unless you get a local buyer.

Unless you are asking top dollar, a GT500 sells, if its at book value, fast. I sold my first GT500 right at book (actually needed 4 tires), and picked up a nicely modded one a hair over book, low miles too.

kw_rc

Established Member
The time of year isn't helping either. You may have to settle in and be patient fire spring. GLWS - oh yeah, what's the next big thing for you?

sleek98

Established Member
I ended up grabing my GT500 for about 6,000 under book, I think the winter is keeping the values down right now. I wanted to sell my GT before i got the GT500 but the market is just too low right now for it as well so I am holding onto it until spring.

ponyboy96

Established Member
Check with CarMax and see what they would buy it for. That gives you a floor to work from. Heck they may even offer you what you want for it.

Secondo

Established Member
Over 700+ GT500's for sale across the country on Cars.com and only 57 Terminators. That says something.

Last edited:

nxhappy

Established Member
Is it just me, or does it seem like all the GT500's that hit the SVTP market seem like they aren't moving? (mine included)

I've got mine up on craigslist as well as SVTP, and hardly any bites. It kinda sucks when you're ready to move on to another project and you can't get excited until you sell your last one (so my wife says).

Any thoughts?

well, in Fresno NO ONE has money lol. If I wanted a second GT500 I would buy yours LOL....I would not bother with craigslist. Too many ****ers looking for riced out civics and preludes in this town.....you need to list on autotrader .

You ready to let go of that red Termi yet? :rolling:;-)

nxhappy

Established Member
Check with CarMax and see what they would buy it for. That gives you a floor to work from. Heck they may even offer you what you want for it.

TERRIBLE idea. They will offer him $15k for it. Guaranteed.

nrmustang

Established Member

Thanks, but I've got a buddy that works for Carmax, and he told me they won't give me anything for it. He said even Carmax employees know not to sell to Carmax.

nrmustang

Established Member
well, in Fresno NO ONE has money lol. If I wanted a second GT500 I would buy yours LOL....I would not bother with craigslist. Too many ****ers looking for riced out civics and preludes in this town.....you need to list on autotrader .

You ready to let go of that red Termi yet? :rolling:;-)

Yeah, getting ready to list on Autotrader today.

Last edited:

jenkins_1120

Established Member
I saw a huge forum about this on FB a few weeks ago on the 13-14 gt500. Fact is we bought a 20k mustang with a 30k engine. Also take into account how many are returned to stock and traded in. I would never buy a Shelby from a dealer bc I would never know the history of the car. It's slowly turning into the terminator with a longer year running. Maybe one day when I'm dead and my car with a built engine and giant kenne bell will be found in a barn and sold for a premium to some guy that wants to relive the past

Users who are viewing this thread