Gt500 eaton in 4.6!

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
so rumor has it ford is making an intake manifold for our cars that will allow the supercharger off the gt500 to bolt into our cars. Anyone heard anything? Those eatons are dirt cheap on the internet especially ones taken off to be replaced with bigger blowers, this would be great for me.

908ssp

Established Member
Where did you hear that?

There is a manifold for that ap coming soon but not from Ford.

Shadow_Stang

SVT Protege
Established Member
Buddy of mine told me maybe it wasnt ford and I misunderstood. None the less sounds like a great idea .. On bad side I hear it will run $1200-1500

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
Where did you hear that?

There is a manifold for that ap coming soon but not from Ford.

I'm on the list!!!:beer::rockon:

Buddy of mine told me maybe it wasnt ford and I misunderstood. None the less sounds like a great idea .. On bad side I hear it will run $1200-1500

Not a bad idea to me. I could walk away with a blower setup for less than $3k.

908ssp

Established Member
It will be more than $1500 probably the first group buy price will be $1800 but I have seen people put together everything they need for less than $3000 and $3500 should cover everything easily. You can always find things to spend more on if you want. But 450rwhp is pretty much the safe limit for stock block so this for people wanting to stay with the stock block which pretty much means those on a budget. Now the cool thing some people with built blocks will be buying the manifold because there are big SCers made for the GT500 that don't have a manifold for the 3v. So we'll some big HP numbers as well and the design of the intercooler takes that in consideration so it is big.

This is the first prototype. And yes some extra money was spent to dress it up.

IMG_1859.jpg

Last edited:

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
Honestly, when I looked into it, it wasn't worth supercharging my GT with a blower that wasn't made for the 3v cars.
You can get a procharger that's made for the car for ABOUT the same price.

908ssp

Established Member
Honestly, when I looked into it, it wasn't worth supercharging my GT with a blower that wasn't made for the 3v cars.
You can get a procharger that's made for the car for ABOUT the same price.

You know this is complete nonsense? Maybe you don't. Blowers don't get designed for the valve train of cars. They use the same blower on 2 valve, 3 valves, and 4 valves. The blower doesn't care how many valves the engine has. The fact is the Eaton is actually a perfect blower for the 3V 4.6. It is bit small for the GT500 and that's why there are so many being taken off and being sold cheap.

Prochargers aren't "made for the car" the same Procharger is used on all kinds of cars foreign and domestic flat 6 or v8.

cossiedriver

Established Member
Imho this manifold is perfect for those who want to reach higher levels.
I would be interested in this manifold to replace my 2.3l e-force with a 3.4l whipple (to increase airflow and reduce the downstream temp)

Bad500Chris

Ace
Established Member
You know this is complete nonsense? Maybe you don't. Blowers don't get designed for the valve train of cars. They use the same blower on 2 valve, 3 valves, and 4 valves. The blower doesn't care how many valves the engine has. The fact is the Eaton is actually a perfect blower for the 3V 4.6. It is bit small for the GT500 and that's why there are so many being taken off and being sold cheap.

Prochargers aren't "made for the car" the same Procharger is used on all kinds of cars foreign and domestic flat 6 or v8.

Ok, maybe I didn't go into enough of a description for you. Roush is the only company who makes the manifold for this blower to fit on the 2005-2010 GT.
So, they increase the price on it to pretty much whatever they want. When I was looking into it, it was going to cost roughly 3k for JUST the manifold. (Priced out about 18 months ago) That doesn't include all the piping/heat exchanger/modified pulley/etc...
Basically, you are looking at 4k for the setup, then a take-off blower for another 300-500 bucks.

Prices may have changed since I looked into it, which when I did... Roush was the only one on the market to carry the manifold. And it was pricey vs a complete kit procharger kit with all the correct piping already laid out for you because the kit was made for the 2005-2010 GTs.

When I said "made for the 3v" I meant there is no kit for the 2005-2010 GTs, so you have to do a lot of custom fabrication yourself. Which can get pricey as well, especially if you end up having a shop do the setup for you.

Last edited:

908ssp

Established Member
The picture above is just the tip of the ice berg. The manifold will be available in a few weeks for $1800. There are at least a dozen guys who have accumulated the parts for under $3500 to do the whole install.

GTG

Looking for a Money Pit
Established Member
Who makes this manifold? Is it Roush? Is there a link to their site for more info?

908ssp

Established Member
Not Roush. The web site from the Department Of Boost isn't up yet but there is a long thread about it here.

Users who are viewing this thread