GT500 driver launches car Like I do.

mike69440

Established Member
Watch this video.
2014 C7 Corvette vs 2014 GT500 - YouTube
I'm not going to criticize, as I still have my original clutch with +65,300 miles on Whipple Cobra, so I am not one for leaving the hole hard, but this guy needs to stick to roll racing.

PS. A tune CAI and headers will get a C7 near 500 RWP, not too shabby.

Last edited:

rancid

Established Member
I saw this video earlier and was curious if the owner comes here. Would like to hear their thoughts on the race and how he felt about the way he drove the GT500. The auto C7's are no joke by any means.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
On the same channel he got crushed by a modded ZL1 on a roll.

yea a stock car lost to a highly modded from a low roll go figure...

did you happen to see the second race from a higher roll? yea the stock gt500 actually beat the modded car.....if your gonna make statements, make sure they are complete

raustin0017

Established Member
New Stingray is a serious car...no matter how you slice it up. Want to add the automatic C7 will almost always launch on a GT500. Real solid technology. As much as I love the Third peddle...if Ford would have been advanced enough to offer a Dual Clutch Auto...I would have selected that option. It is simply faster!

Last edited:

Spudz

Established Member
From what I heard second hand, in the first race against the ZL1 he only just got lined up to the camaro and didn't have time to get into proper gear before the other guy did a quick honk and launch. He ended up starting off at 1800 rpm. Would explain how the second race was so much closer.

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
Guys, well one I know of personally anyway, are running 11.7 with stock C7 and auto, with 4-5 runs all at 11.69-11.8. MPH is 119. Amazing how the vette translates modest HP numbers into such awesome perf numbers. Can't wait to see what the C7 Z07 will do with 150 hp more or whatever.

Njtony

Established Member
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum.../972306-2013-gt500-vs-2014-corvette-atco.html

Snorman and me making some runs at atco. A stock gt500 is not going outlaunch a c7 auto even on dr's. Didnt catch him either time but he did red light once so I'm saying it was a split on the races. Could have launched better but was trying to overcome the clutch protection gremlin. His car hit 11.4 in some nice weather recently btw.

rdrkt

Established Member
yea a stock car lost to a highly modded from a low roll go figure...

did you happen to see the second race from a higher roll? yea the stock gt500 actually beat the modded car.....if your gonna make statements, make sure they are complete
I did see the second pull. It was so dangerous Im not sure if one of them let off.

Users who are viewing this thread