GT500 Coupe vs. Vert handling Comparison?

Prodigy603

Established Member
So after picking up this beautiful car on New Years Day, I have registered less than 40 minutes of seat time...as painful as that is to admit.

Due to the Chicago winters, I am left watching YouTube clips and reading others experiences driving this car until this Spring and one trend has surfaced.

Of the "professional" car reviews, most seem to call the 20011 GT500 Convertible out as being "less-stable" at higher speeds or in the general handling department.

Then I have seen some Ford "features" advertising the Vert as near identical to the Coupe in the handling suspension. Obviously, I did not get a vert if break-neck track performance was my primary goal.

However, I am curious if any owners have driven both enough to comment from the viewpoint of an OWNER, not a car reviewer or someone trying to sell cars?

SpectorV

Established Member
I know for the 03/04 cobras the vert had softer springs and softer shocks/struts. I am not sure the GT500 shares this or not~ It would be interesting to find out the rates coupe vs vert.

Regardless the extra body roll and what not wont help, but they have made some great improvements in the design so hopefully its limited.

Prodigy603

Established Member
You will not notice any significant differences.

Its a little late either way...but definately good to know.

I kinda figured those reviews may have been from a hard-core track stand point, and I don't know anyone who would get a vert if they were serious about track handling...just didn't want it feeling like a wet fish for normal daily handling.

BTW - With the SVT handling package, I believe the suspension is identical in the Coupe and Convertible.

Users who are viewing this thread