GT500 & Challenger PICS

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
awesome! all they need is the new camaro sitting next to them. cant wait to see some actual photoshoots of the 3 cars together

bldmovs

SVT Poster
Established Member
The Challenger is actually not that much bigger than the GT500. The only difference I see is that the Challenger has more ground clearance. :shrug:

92z28

Established Member
I finally got to see the Challenger in person at a local showroom not long ago. It doesn't look all that big in person really :shrug:

bubbrubb

It's funny how the gas cap on the Challenger says fuel....what else could it be:shrug:
maybe they thought somebody might skeet in it? :shrug: (at least it doesn't say "GAS" lol)

Both cars look great, but I think I like the shoulders of the GT500 over the slab sides of the challenger. Don't get me wrong, I love the styling of the challenger, but I think that a bit of fender bulge does a body good when it comes to "sports" cars

MYGT500

Established Member
My Dad got his GT500 in May of 2007 and friend of ours, just got his Challenger a couple months ago. I haven't been on SVTP in forever, so I thought I 'd post up some good stuff. Thought I'd share some pics side by side.

DSC04788.gif

DSC04785.gif

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04795.jpg

DSC04790.jpg

DSC04789.jpg

:rockon:

I like how your dad thinks!!!

comparo5.jpg

DR 305

Banned
Wow, I guess you guys are too young to remember the Dodge Charger, Plymouth Roadrunner, Plymouth GTX, Dodge Super Bee, Ford Torino, Chevy El camino, just to name a few. Now those were big ass boat cars. I guess the Corvette guys complain on how fat the Termies and Mach 1's are. It is all relative guys. :shrug:

SVT32VDOHC

Established Member
Thanks for all the replys. I didn't know my thread got moved, so I didn't reply because I couldn't find it til I did the search... I put it in the :wf:

Anyways. To answer some questions. Yes I do get to drive it. It has 2,200 miles on it and If I had to guess I would say I put about 900-1000 of those miles on it. One day, I put 200 miles on it around town. :rolling:

I don't have vids of the cars racing, although it would be cool. The Challenger is an auto but it has the tap shift. The fly by wire in that car is holding it back more than the fly by wire in my Dads GT500. I rode in the Challenger and it is really nice, but obviously I like the GT500 better. I would take either car to be honest. I would love to get out of my old Mustangs and get 1 brand new car.

Someone posted their pics of a red Shelby and an orange Challenger...that's crazy that you have the same color combos...HAHA....NICE!!!!:lol1:

As for racing..I have raced my Dad in my 96 Cobra. I can't touch him from a dead stop or a rolling start. The roots blower just pulls on me. I do start gaining on him by 70MPH+ so the 1/4 mile track would be needed to get a real race. I do pull on him hard from a 70-120MPH roll though. My Vortech just huffs hard up high, so that is the only way I can beat him on the street.

Thanks for the kind words.

Users who are viewing this thread