gt500 brakes on a 03 cobra

mod mod t56

u can go faster
Established Member
i know people r doing this, just wondering if its a big diffrence, costly and what is needed, i have stock brakes with cross drilled and sloted rotors and hawk pads now.... any info would be appreated thanks in advance :??:

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
The rotor is an inch larger, the larger the diameter the less force needed to stop hence quicker stopping performance and less heat. Plus the GT500 caliper has larger pistons then the cobra R brembo. Thank about it you have caliper designed from a 4000lb GT500 stopping a car that weighs 3300lbs. Also recommend braided steel brake lines which are big improvement over the rubber oem.

Blown10thCobra

Established Member
My Dad just brought a '13 home, going to put my 18" AFS Cobra wheels on his front end sometime soon to check the clearance. I'll try to remember to post in here when I do.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
I have the vintage venom kit and it is absolutely insane how good it is. You will not regret the upgrade!

03COBRA-88

Established Member
My Dad just brought a '13 home, going to put my 18" AFS Cobra wheels on his front end sometime soon to check the clearance. I'll try to remember to post in here when I do.

The 2013s are a 6 piston now. They're alittle bit bigger than previous shelbys. Pretty cool if it fits under your 18 AFS. That would be a nice upgrade.

04svtsnke

Established Member
I've actually wondered if the '13 6 piston and rotors would bolton to the vintage venom kit made for the 07-12 gt500's? I have the VV kit and it is an absolutely great kit. Very easy to do and the brakes are a definite improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread