gt500 axleback install question

Bryanh24

Established Member
Alright, so I get a set of gt500 axlebacks. Of course I had to try and put them on when they came in. Taking the Roush's off was a breeze since the muffler is not as large as the gt500's. It all went pretty well until the driver side bracket, which is the side I started on. I could not get to that center bolt at all. I saw suggestions about lowering the track bar but I really don't want to mess with that. Any other suggestions for those of you who have installed it? Thanks!

ExTurbo

Established Member
Alright, so I get a set of gt500 axlebacks. Of course I had to try and put them on when they came in. Taking the Roush's off was a breeze since the muffler is not as large as the gt500's. It all went pretty well until the driver side bracket, which is the side I started on. I could not get to that center bolt at all. I saw suggestions about lowering the track bar but I really don't want to mess with that. Any other suggestions for those of you who have installed it? Thanks!

I messed around with trying to slide the factory mufflers in and out of the hangers for a while before i just unbolted the brackets that held the hangers in place. Once i decided to just unbolt them i had both mufflers on in less than an hour and was done. Trust me when i say its much easier when they arent on the car.

Vert

Established Member
I pull the muff off of the rear hangers closes to the tips. From there let it hang and the push the muff as close to the bumper as you can and then you can reach to top bolt of the hanger

clc44

Established Member
I left the bracket on the mufflers, tightened the top bolt a little. I then slide the muffler as far forward as I could and was then able to get the the other bolt. It's easy just takes patience.

Users who are viewing this thread