gt500 axle back

redline5.0

Established Member
I know this is most likely a dumb question but would there be any power difference if I went from my current muffler deletes to the gt500 mufflers? They sound amazing but I was wondering if the reason they sound amazing is because they don't flow as well. I would also gain some weight back with the gt500's I would think over the deletes. Anyone ever weighed the gt500's compared to stock or deletes? Thanks :beer:

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wouldn't pick up any performance getting rid of your muffler deletes and going to the GT500 mufflers.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Was more worried about losing power but If there was a loss I would think it wouldn't be much?

Not going to lose a lot, so small it you won't notice.

Now, if you're worried about losing HP, throw a Boss Intake on it.

Last edited:

redline5.0

Established Member
My current setup is a lot to much, was curious how loud you could really make them. Currently I'm running 1 7/8 kooks, o/r x pipe, resonators where cutout and welded slp's in there place into on3 deletes. Think I'm going to toss some gt500's on there, the slp resonators really did deepen the exhaust note though which I liked but also got x10 louder lol. Now I just need to find a set of mufflers I like.

clc44

Established Member
I had muffler delete and it was not for me. Even with everything else stock. I went with kooks ab, much better.

Users who are viewing this thread