Gt500 ab's , no cats, no resonators

5bites

Established Member
Since I'm asking questions lately why not this one?

I have cat deletes and gt500's. How much louder will my car get without resonators? This is a daily driver with plenty of highway.

zachcrosen

Established Member
I have the gt500 axlebacks, no cats and the non resonated heartthrob cat to axleback pods and it sounds amazing. To me, it sounds more reminiscent of an older 2v mustang.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I have the gt500 axlebacks, no cats and the non resonated heartthrob cat to axleback pods and it sounds amazing. To me, it sounds more reminiscent of an older 2v mustang.

i agree, one of the best tones IMO for the 5.0

stewarts2008

Established Member

im running that same set up as well.... i think this is really the best sounding system around... that and the cam tune sounds awesome

mycoolm3

Established Member
I have o/r x pipe ,resonators deletes (welded in straight pipe) and gt500 axles =perfect . not to loud not too quiet :)

jas11151990

Established Member

any sound clips?

kona12

Established Member
I was in the same boat I didnt want the loudness if i removed the resonators. So I had a friend removed them and would put them back for nothing if not satisfied. Well I removed them and it wasn't much difference sounds great. No annoying loudness car sounds clean.
NOW I kept it Cattless straight thru with the GT500's very satisfied, you wont regret it.

Last edited:

Hunt3r

Established Member
I have gt500 mufflers, o/r x pipe and just had the resonators cut out.. I love it. A little quiet at idle for my liking but when Im driving around it's perfect, no drone from what I can tell. Screams at WOT, makes me all giddy. :p

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ViciousJay

Established Member

TheDivaDanielle

Established Member
This thread rocks. I've been on the fence for a while now on going cat delete in addition to my GT500 ab's /no res setup. I might just have to give in to my wants here and do it. It sounds too awesome to not do it.

My only concern is that since I have a vert it will be hella loud.

Users who are viewing this thread