GT500 5.4 in a '96 Cobra

racin_jason_76

In God We Trust
Established Member
Can anyone tell me what kind of tuner or tuning I need to install an '07 GT500 5.4 in a '96 Cobra? I am also looking into switching my wiring to the COP set up instead of my stock coil pack arrangement.

Ironhand

Banned
In order to keep everything is the same spot you will have to use the GT-500 harness and wiring. If not then you can use an 03 Cobra computer and harness but that leaves alot of unanswered questions regarding the IAT 1, IAT 2, MAF, etc locations including the battery.

Everything from the 03 Cobra, Computer, harness, PDB harness etc will drop right into any SN-95 with little or no modification but some of the locations for the GT-500 stuff will obviously be in different spots. So your going to have to pick what you want to fight more and run with that.

racin_jason_76

In God We Trust
Established Member
sounds SICK!! Post pics. Your going to need a lot more information for accurate answers.

It will be if I ever get it going. It's gonna be a long, expensive process but I can post pics as I go and they will be several months in the making.

In order to keep everything is the same spot you will have to use the GT-500 harness and wiring. If not then you can use an 03 Cobra computer and harness but that leaves alot of unanswered questions regarding the IAT 1, IAT 2, MAF, etc locations including the battery.

Everything from the 03 Cobra, Computer, harness, PDB harness etc will drop right into any SN-95 with little or no modification but some of the locations for the GT-500 stuff will obviously be in different spots. So your going to have to pick what you want to fight more and run with that.

I thought about the '03 Cobra electronics too originally, but I have seen at least 2 other SN95's with this engine in their car and I think they were using their stock computer. One with the coil packs and the other without it. Haven't had a lot of luck getting a response out of them though for guidance. Maybe I'll be able to figure this out. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread