GT500 (480RWHP) vs 96 Cobra (300RWHP)

Seth

Established Member
Okay. So as you can guess by the title. The GT500 pulls me. But I was surprised at how well I held up. Ha! Sadly I was the road kill for the GT500.

GT500:
Exhaust, tune, pulley

Cobra:
Full bolt ons, tune, gears. (Check sig)

PS: Not sure if this video was with my 3.73 or 4.10 gears.
[video=youtube;5ydVPW61huo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ydVPW61huo[/video]

Kiohtee

Established Member
I'm extremely surprised to see such a close race with such a power difference! Good job OP, strong running Cobra you got there! :beer:

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I had a friend with a 98 cobra and I did work on the car for him, so he let me drive it. He had exhaust, intake, tune and 4:10s and it put down 300ish. It didn't pull like your car. You have weight mods? That thing pulls pretty hard.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Wait, that GT500 had to be 4500+lbs with three people in it. Did you have any Passengers OP?

sniper85

Established Member
Exhaust, tune, pulley and the GT500 didnt break 500whp? Pathetic.

He probably has the Ford Racing performance pack. Exhaust, tune, pully, cai. The tune they send you is very conservative with it. Same one I had on my Shelby. After the install I was dynoed at 485/475 but then had Maximum Velocity custom tune it and made well over 500.

Alot of the companies go conservative on power pack tunes just to be safe and not having issues if you do the install yourself. So you can tune and drive.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Wait, that GT500 had to be 4500+lbs with three people in it. Did you have any Passengers OP?
This and I can hear wheel spin. Seems like he was starting to pull on you hard but let go. Either way close race OP. Tells you that weight + grip > power in low pulls/ 1/4 mile in most cases.

Seth

Established Member
He probably has the Ford Racing performance pack. Exhaust, tune, pully, cai. The tune they send you is very conservative with it. Same one I had on my Shelby. After the install I was dynoed at 485/475 but then had Maximum Velocity custom tune it and made well over 500.

Alot of the companies go conservative on power pack tunes just to be safe and not having issues if you do the install yourself. So you can tune and drive.

I know he mentioned Ford Racing parts. This makes sense that he has this package.

The GT500 had a very inexperienced driver. I am not saying I am a far more superior driver. But I have seen more track time. He has never been on a track, nor had a fast car. The driver was a bigger guy. A good 200lb guy for sure. Two 15 or 16 year old passengers with him.

I had no passengers and I weigh 135lbs myself. So I think weight was definitely a huge factor in this friendly pull.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
The old sn95's could pull really well when set up correctly. I've seen them turn quite a few ls and terminator guys in to babbling excuse cases.

Users who are viewing this thread