gt40p heads and intake?? need advice and help..

cotchnobra

Established Member
It will make a x cam AFR heads, no egr, no smog, and a Victor jr intake idle with the ac on just like it came from the factory like that. I am using it with my E85 setup, Comp cam 35-351-8 510 lift 1.6s ported GT40s a TFS intake 75mm TB 30 lb injectors 90mm maf and a aeromotive fuel system. With a/c the car fires right up and idles as if it came from the factory that away. Now granted I have the A9T computer "SSP" computer which is a lot more forgiving then even the cobra from what I have read. The car runs great. Before the E85 switch it was still knocking down 17 on the hwy. Now its down around 12.

Holy Hell! Thats bad ass. I've never heard anything about the A9T just the A9L computer which I heard was the most adaptable to mods. Please tell me more about the A9T I'm interested. I had a EX 93 Florida Hyway Patrol car and swaped the C3W computer in it for the A9L. It had Trick Flow heads, 1.6 roller rockers, and push rods. Lunati cam 500/510 Lift. Edelbrok performer intake, 70mm TB and 30# injectors with Calibrated Pro-Meter Maf. No smog or Egr crap on mine either. I was able to get the idle almost perfect by just adjusting the TPS and Throttle body blade. It was a complete pain in the ass. I wish I would of just bought that IAC adjuster and been done with it instead it took me about a month of adjusting and driving it to get it just right.

Last edited:

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Everything I have heard is it has a lot of timing advance etc. Its just a little bit better then the A9L. Its kinda rare from what I have read. The IAC Adapter plate is a life saver. We have been using it since the late 90s. We originally bought ours from fox lake in Cali, but now they have gone up from 10.00 to over 60.00 for the same part. Actually the factory ford ones that fox lake had were a lot better then the ones I can get here.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
so I took valve cover to remove springs and change valve stem seals, when I took them off I saw the actual valve guide got busted and damaged valve seat also..took to machine shop too fix it..and it also has 1.72 rockers, I discovered it when I took valve cover off..
DSC00451.jpg

DSC00452.jpg

DSC00458.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00461.jpg

DSC00462.jpg

DSC00463.jpg

and also heres some pics of a ws6 I painted not to long ago.

DSC00433.jpg

DSC00442.jpg

DSC00436.jpg

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
It has scorpions that is what I am running. Those are good. I personally like the gold race 1.7s. Im sure all the stud mount rockers are the same though.

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
Can't argue with them since they were on there already, since I wanted to buy em now Ima go buy a cool hood and my saleen wing and 3row radiator

03evil_mach_1

Established Member
So ive been thinking of swapping cams to a stg 1 or 2 tfs.?? Anyone recommend this? Or not?
They said it had a e303 but to me it doesnt sound like it does with the rockers. I thought it make a rougher idle..but doesnt..

My question is would i be fine without tuning for now? And would i clear with those roller rockers..
Does anyone recommend this?

Boomer182

Haveyoutriedhittingher?
Established Member
Isnt stage 1 a 510 lift? If so 1.7s will not clear, thats on the safe side, on the unsafe side you might get lucky like I did with my f cam and not hit. Its a 50/50 at that lift. Stage 2 is out of the question with out a piston change. I want to say max lift on a stock 5.0 is 54x lift, if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread