GT350R wheel coating

Zeromaz

Established Member
Hey fellas. I’m about to have my wheels ceramic coated and i wanted to make sure my wheels are healthy. The issue i’m wondering about is the heat coating on the front two wheels. The white part isn’t a smooth texture. Its a rough grainy feel. Is this a byproduct of the coating or am i missing some clear coat over it? Thanks in advance fellas

Established Member
It's had to keep clean too, you guys know a good way to keep em clean?

s1ten

Established Member
I have a spot starting to flake off...if it continues I'll be taking it to the dealership to see if there is a solution.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a spot starting to flake off...if it continues I'll be taking it to the dealership to see if there is a solution.

Better to bring it in sooner than later. If it's starting to flake, that's exactly what it will look like. If a large chunk flakes off, it may look like there was an impact.

Difference being, now it will be covered under warranty...if it looks like there was an impact, Ford will deny the warranty claim.

s1ten

Established Member
Better to bring it in sooner than later. If it's starting to flake, that's exactly what it will look like. If a large chunk flakes off, it may look like there was an impact.

Difference being, now it will be covered under warranty...if it looks like there was an impact, Ford will deny the warranty claim.

Your probably right. its only on the white coating but, they may get silly about it if I were to wait. Hell if they replace it maybe they will let me keep the original one...it would make a hell of a nice piece of garage art!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Your probably right. its only on the white coating but, they may get silly about it if I were to wait. Hell if they replace it maybe they will let me keep the original one...it would make a hell of a nice piece of garage art!

No, they'll have to send it back to Ford.

Users who are viewing this thread