Gt350r-c

ObieFox

Established Member
Any thoughts on why they dropped the carbon fiber wheels for aluminum on the competition model? Just too big of a PIA to deal with?

I personally would like to be able to order the street R without them as well.

Guys with R's, are you going to run the wheels or swap them out and put them away?

Last edited:

conceptmachine

Established Member
Im gonna keep them on but maybe get some sort of film protectant on the to keep the gel coat from chipping so easily. Yeah, they are pricey, but if you price a set of the higher end aluminum wheels that aren't cheap either.

Last edited:

TXPD

Rookie Racer
Established Member
rules. the carbon oem wheels are 19s? the series mandates that the cars run on 18 x 10s. the gt350r-c also does not have the magnaride suspension among other things as well. I would think that a stripped gt350r would be faster than an r-c. the r-c is a very detuned version of the gt350r

SCALECRAFT

Established Member
When I get my R (later) I will not run the carbon wheels on the track. Too much pitting from debris. I'll run alum.

Voltwings

Established Member
We were at COTA this past weekend for Pirelli World Challenge and we saw two cars pop tires and drive back into the pits on rim only lol... That's good enough reason to not run Carbon fiber rims on a professionally raced car.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I actually prefer 18's on a track car. Tires are much cheaper and there are more options.

We were at COTA this past weekend for Pirelli World Challenge and we saw two cars pop tires and drive back into the pits on rim only lol... That's good enough reason to not run Carbon fiber rims on a professionally raced car.

Those races are great aren't they. I'm going to try to make it to St. Pete for the race this weekend.

Voltwings

Established Member
I actually prefer 18's on a track car. Tires are much cheaper and there are more options.

Those races are great aren't they. I'm going to try to make it to St. Pete for the race this weekend.

I love PWC because from where we were you were constantly seeing people battle and change position. The constant change in position really makes it exciting to watch, which is why F1 has never really done it for me. Plus its really neat to see the way they govern the cars to make them all competitive in different ways. It was hands down probably the coolest thing i have ever seen. We're going to be heading back in September for the ALMS series (dad has a C7z so he really wants to see the C7R run).

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I love PWC because from where we were you were constantly seeing people battle and change position. The constant change in position really makes it exciting to watch, which is why F1 has never really done it for me. Plus its really neat to see the way they govern the cars to make them all competitive in different ways. It was hands down probably the coolest thing i have ever seen. We're going to be heading back in September for the ALMS series (dad has a C7z so he really wants to see the C7R run).

I'd love to see them add a short track like Rockingham or Bristol to the series as an experiment.

Users who are viewing this thread