Gt350 w/ 500mi on dynojet - video

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
you can hear it a lot better in person but if you listen closely to each time he shifts in the video the 350 makes a chirping sound.
watch tobs video.

That's the video I was referring to. The chirping is probably just from air rushing around the throttle blade as it's opening.

liter of cola

Established Member
Well i havnt heard that sound on any other car and i dont think tobs car was even running when he recorded that video, so i dont think thats rushing air, i guess its just a loud TB.

Last edited:

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
My Boss made 390ish with 1200 miles and 405 with 10k miles both 100% stock and sae.... I'm sure these gt350s will yield more power with miles....

CO Mack

Established Member
That's the video I was referring to. The chirping is probably just from air rushing around the throttle blade as it's opening.

Might be, but it's distinct, and I've never heard it in another car. But, I hadn't really noticed it much in mine until I watched Tob's vid, TBH.

Cobra Jet 429

Hot Rod Lincoln
Established Member
I think the noise is indeed the air passing by the partly open T/B blade. It makes that noise because this engine, being a high, fast revving engine, would likely pull air in faster since it gains rpm faster. the same blip of the throttle in a GT wouldn't make the noise, but would also probably rev to a lower rpm with the same blip.

Users who are viewing this thread