99saleenspeedster

Established Member
they look like focus st seats lol

Here's a GT350 interior shot
2016-ford-shelby-gt350-mustang-front-interior-seats-02.jpg

SuperMarioSVT

Kiss of Death
Established Member
They are probably just the same style Recaro's, and not the exact GT350 seats. That style seat has been around awhile.

99saleenspeedster

Established Member
No, he was told it's an option but whether it is or not he's glad it doesn't since its not a GT350. He said he would have had an upholstery shop get rid of it if it said it.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
That's life in Detroit. Everybody there is working for the big three or a supplier. You can get anything long before it is released.
My buddy was the PVT (plant vehicle team) for the Mustang back in 2002-2004. We all had brand new front seats out of the Terminator. He grabbed driver and passenger. Some guys made office chairs out of them and I put mine in my 1991. It's nice getting zero mile items. You have to think that there are quite a few pre-production vehicles out there that get disassembled and "scrapped".

I had a brand new Terminator engine with wire harness on a stand in my cubicle for a while when I was out there as a V8 & V10 Gas Engine Drivability Engineer. There are car guys and then there are car guys. If you're in the car business and you've never lived in Detroit you'll never be able to understand how the gears on the machine spin. Glad I was there for 6 years but on to greener pastures.

SV

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
That's life in Detroit. Everybody there is working for the big three or a supplier. You can get anything long before it is released.
My buddy was the PVT (plant vehicle team) for the Mustang back in 2002-2004. We all had brand new front seats out of the Terminator. He grabbed driver and passenger. Some guys made office chairs out of them and I put mine in my 1991. It's nice getting zero mile items. You have to think that there are quite a few pre-production vehicles out there that get disassembled and "scrapped".

I had a brand new Terminator engine with wire harness on a stand in my cubicle for a while when I was out there as a V8 & V10 Gas Engine Drivability Engineer. There are car guys and then there are car guys. If your in the car business and you've never lived in Detroit you'll never be able to understand how the whole system works. Glad I was there for 6 years but on to greener pastures.

SV

God I wish I had those opportunities!

Laffs

Drop-da-top
Established Member
So odd but also common, reminds me of when guys at a local T&D plant released pictures of the C7 front fascia wayyyyy before the release of the car. Wonder if it was someone from Roush? They have the access but most guys I know from there wont risk work over few hundred in parts that didnt end up in the bin...

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Considering the GT350 is still an S550, why wouldn't the seats look great in your buddy's car?

TGR96

Established Member

I had a brand new Terminator engine with wire harness on a stand in my cubicle for a while when I was out there as a V8 & V10 Gas Engine Drivability Engineer. There are car guys and then there are car guys. If you're in the car business and you've never lived in Detroit you'll never be able to understand how the gears on the machine spin. Glad I was there for 6 years but on to greener pastures.

SV
I was gonna call BS on this whole GT350 seat thing until I read this post.

Users who are viewing this thread