GT350 part listings now back up

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
For a short amount of time last fall, Ford Parts let a few components that make up the GT350 slip. We took advantage of that brief opportunity for a deeper dive before Ford removed anything GT350 related. Somebody at Ford Parts thought it'd be cute to show a GT500, a V6/V8/V10 FPC 5.2 engine, etc, for 2015. None of those listings got you anywhere which is exactly what somebody up top wanted. Well as of earlier this week, there is finally some hardware available. Note that some of the pricing isn't up yet.

The 5.2 Engine

No doubt it won't be cheap but Ford Parts looks to offer a complete GT350 engine soon.

Image00010.jpg

Bare block

Image00011.jpg

Crank

Image00008.jpg

Intake manifold

Image00021.jpg

Cylinder head(s)

Image00033.jpg

Pistons (they're free!!:))

Image00030.jpg

Oil pan

Image00029.jpg

Exhaust manifolds

Image00013.jpg

Image00014.jpg

Transmission (Tremec TR3160) and Driveline

Transmission without cooler (no internal pump)

Image00003.jpg

Transmission with cooler (internal pump)

Image00004.jpg

Shifter

Image00035.jpg

Clutch

Image00007.jpg

Driveshaft (no CF here as Ford went with a two piece steel, again)

Image00009.jpg

Axle shafts

Image00022.jpg

Image00032.jpg

Suspension/Wheel/Brake

Magnaride strut (R)

Image00023.jpg

Engine crossmember

Image00012.jpg

Wheels

Image00001.jpg

Image00006.jpg

Image00015.jpg

Brake rotor

Image00005.jpg

Miscellaneous Body

Fender

Image00034.jpg

Fender badge

Image00027.jpg

Grille Ornament

Image00016.jpg

Note - this is just a sampling as there are a few parts I'm not showing here. I've inquired as to some of the prices (engine assembly, etc) and will post them up as soon as I get an answer back. Hopefully, Ford Racing/Ford Performance is on the ball and can offer much of this at reasonable prices.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Whew ... that intake manifold lol

I know. :beer:

R wing is part # 44210B

Yup.

shelby_B_spoiler_R_model.JPG

The other two...

shelby_A_spoiler.JPG

Shelby_C_spoiler.JPG

I'm not 100% sure but this looks like it could be the "carbon fiber composite" panel up front (in purple)...

shelby_radiator_panel.JPG

If I remove everything else you are left with this...

shelby_radiator_panel1.jpg

This one gives you a fairly good idea of how the airflow is being managed up front...

shelby_air_dam.JPG

so roughly 14k + for the engine

I see where you are coming from, adding up the major components and then allowing some additional monies. Ford could be close to that or they could approach the numbers they were asking for the latest GT500 5.8 assemblies. Who knows?:shrug:

I did stop by my local dealer to discuss some of this with them. They weren't even aware that any of this was in the system yet. I lit up my phone and showed them this thread to which they compared their dealer level data to - identical. I asked if they had an other sources of information from Ford and I was told that there was a way they could search for any additional clues. I mentioned that I was hot on the shifter assembly and one of the parts guys bought this up for me.

document.jpg

It shows that Ford won't have them on hand, available to dealers until 8/31/2015. The 5.2 engine block showed the same date.

document1.jpg

Since the engine block and shifter are unrelated in terms of the supplier (the block from Windsor and the shifter is still undisclosed) my guess is that they'll be holding the other parts until that date as well.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I fired off a quote request to Mike at Autonation Ford for a few prices and he responded in kind.

- The TR3160 (no internal cooler pump) transmission FR3Z-7003-E, is $3058.63 plus around $150 shipping to a commercial address ($190-200 for residential)

- Front brake rotors are $195.86 each

- Cylinder heads are $1517.66 plus $250 core, each

- Bare 5.2 engine block is $1883.96

Some truly top notch hardware on this car.

Shelby%20CAD%20mock1.jpg

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
If those stock rotors are less than $200 somebody has to find a way to retro fit those, I'd love a set on my '14 GT500!
Great work as always Tob.
-J
:beer:

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Hence why I priced one.:)

I've already sketched and rendered the hat/pins and complete rotor assembly. I interpolated/guessed on some of the dimensions and scaled the rest. I'll dig up the renders and post them up in a bit.

bpmurr

Established Member
Any Sync 3 parts posted? Thinking about retrofitting my GT.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Not too bad with brakes. I was a little concerned the rotors would be 400-600 a pop, but looks like I can get a set of 4 for ~850-900 shipped.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
J,

as I mentioned, I've been looking closely at the new brake hardware. If I had all the dimensions at my fingertips it'd sure be a lot easier but I'm going to pick up a GT350 front rotor and take it from there. We've got 14" rotors for '07-'12, 15" rotors for '13-'14 (GT500 that is), and the '15 GT350 rotors are 15.5" in diameter. I need to dig up rotor/pad thicknesses, any change in rotor offset for '15+, as well as the hub pilot diameters, etc. Here's a shot from a reveal of the braking hardware that Ford Performance hosted (not the powertrain reveal I attended).

2016-ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-front-rotors.jpg

I wanted to get something up in CAD that I can fine tune once I have all the numbers. These are close but in no way exact. A '15 GT350 hat/pins...

_GT350%20rotor%20renser%20with%20cast%20texture.jpg

And a quick render with a vaned rotor with a fairly close cross-drill pattern...

_GT350%20rotor%20and%20hat%20render%20jpg.jpg

bpmurr said:
Any Sync 3 parts posted? Thinking about retrofitting my GT.

I'm no audiophile. There is a plethora of media listings for both '15 and '16 Mustangs. Somebody down with the Ford Service audio lingo might have an easier time breaking it down. For example, here's a couple of Audio Chassis listings, with mention of "Human Machine Interface" (in 2, 3, or 4)...

human_interface2_audio_chassis.JPG

human_interface4_audio_chassis.JPG

And here's an example of a "Audio Accessory Interface Module" (note mention of a Sync Module)...

human_interface4_sync_module.JPG

krt22

Established Member
Can some one check if the springs are different between the R and trackpack/techpack cars?

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks for the info around Sync. I've looked into it a little deeper and I think I'll need to 16 Mustang parts to come online first before Sync 3 is available through the parts network. These reference the existing MyFord Touch system or regular Sync.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Audio listings do come up for a 2016 Mustang, just so you know.

I just ordered a front rotor from Mike at Autonation. Looking forward to a close inspection. I should probably pick up an S197 spindle as well but I'm going to see how it seats on an S197 hub first.

Users who are viewing this thread