GT350 base and track package stereo sound quality

Puluke

Established Member
Good day

What is the sound quality equivalent of the base and track gt350 packages? Is it on par with the shaker system?

Thanks

bpmurr

Established Member
The base and Track pack stereo is the same as the base system on a standard Mustang. You're going to be disappointed if you're looking for quality sound. Even the Tech pack is lacking as it has no low end bass.

Last edited:

Puluke

Established Member
Thanks bpmurr

For me the shaker system is more then adequate. I can hurt my ears if I crank it. Any one on this form with a technology package or track pack car, please comment

1stShelby

Established Member
Avalanche Grey w/Tech Package and I find the stereo sound good. There is a noticeable lack of bass, but I'm not a thumper so I don't miss it.

bpmurr

Established Member
Thanks bpmurr

For me the shaker system is more then adequate. I can hurt my ears if I crank it. Any one on this form with a technology package or track pack car, please comment

My comment came from time spent with a Track pack car.

Puluke

Established Member
bpmurr, your experience is what I was looking for. Hence it is as I thought, no better then the crapy stock stereo that came in the 12-14 Boss.

1stShelby, would you say the technology package stereo is inferior to the regular shaker, (not the pro shaker) system found in mustangs?

bpmurr

Established Member
bpmurr, your experience is what I was looking for. Hence it is as I thought, no better then the crapy stock stereo that came in the 12-14 Boss.

1stShelby, would you say the technology package stereo is inferior to the regular shaker, (not the pro shaker) system found in mustangs?

I owned a 13 Boss and would say the Track pack is on par with the Boss which isn't saying much. Then again all the Mustang sound systems in the S550 are disappointing for various reasons.

Last edited:

65sohc

Established Member
I replaced my Boss door speakers with a pair of Pioneers, tweaked my iPhone eq setting and Pandora sounds fine to me. If the Tech system sounds as good as that (and how could it not?) I'll be satisfied.

03Predator

Established Member
The base system in my 350 is HORRIBLE. And if you're looking to upgrade, forget about it. Way too complicated and expensive. I'm just waiting for the aftermarket to come up with something. The Mach 460 in my 04 Cobra was superior to this shite in the 350, if that tells you anything. lol

Are they worse than the old mach 460 and mach 500 stereo's?

krt22

Established Member
In my experience, just replacing the door speakers is an improvement (did it with my base 2012). You can go a little further with a small 2ch amp and components in the doors, still an improvement even with line-in inputs

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I plan on replacing the speakers with Focal or Alpine and adding Sirius to the car.

I considered swapping in the tech pack screen to my track pack car. But it's cost prohibitive at $2k for parts and labor, not worth it IMO.

cnflctd

Established Member
Is there an easy way to at least get Sirius in the car? I've got a base coming and Sirius going away is gonna kill me

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
Is there an easy way to at least get Sirius in the car? I've got a base coming and Sirius going away is gonna kill me

There should be plenty of options for this, reach out to your nearest and best audio shop

Users who are viewing this thread