Gt Vs Sti

Status
Not open for further replies.

1998GT

Established Member
So yesterday i pulled up next to an sti with an exhaust, didnt talk to him so i dont know if he other mods. well we are doing about 50mph im in second and we both just hit it, right off the start he starts to creap away, i expected that. i KNOW im no challenge for him but i wanted to see how bad i would do. so at the next light i just gave him a thumbs up and we went our seperate ways.

mikes93

Established Member
Sorry to say that it would have been worst from a dig

1998GT

Established Member
trying to save up for some pi heads, cam and a tune. you guys think i stand a chance if i do those mods?

DrZacharyus

Banned
you should be not to far from how fast he is? how bad did he pull? i bet he had MBC, INTAKE, and FULL EXHAUST

sorry i always put my mods in caps, have you ever ran at the track? stock sti's trap 104~

1998GT

Established Member
it was a short race but by 85ish my front bumper was at his rear tire, and he was still ceaping away when we hit traffic. no i havent taken it to the track,i want to but i havent had the chance to.

Redfire03

Established Member
DrZacharyus what mods do you have on your car? You must have one fast GTI to stay that close to an STi...

mikes93

Established Member
Redfire03 said:
DrZacharyus what mods do you have on your car? You must have one fast GTI to stay that close to an STi...

+1 :thumbsup:

1998GT

Established Member
Redfire03 said:

i know cuz that sti is pretty fast, ive raced my friends gti when one of my sensors would only let me rpm each gear at 4000 and he beat me by a 1 - 1 1/2 cars. maybe he couldnt drive :shrug:

BmoseleyINC

SVT Immortal
Established Member
98 gt's are pigs. Some pi heads will help.

Get some 4:10's also,and that STI will be looking at taillights. Dont' even need a cam.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
chip (www.giacusa.com 30+whp and 50+wtq added) stock dp with resonator bad removed, GHL CAI.
i had my back seats out** thats why he pulled so little and we went from a 25 roll he left it in second but this guy is an amazing driver, he drove the car with just exhaust to 13 FLAT at 104 on a shitty track. he was powershifting when we were racing and the shifts were when he pulled.....we raced up to 100 cause i was almost at the end of third

** the reason i had them out is because i was going to the track later that night :pepper:

DrZacharyus

Banned
yeah but im not stock lol my 0-60 is faster than an srt because i pull it from 0-60 lol then hit third and he pulled around 80 (1 car) he had no gas and i had a passenger im going to race him again because i pulled one srt on the highway from 60 in third by about 2 cars and then at 135 he was back at my door (when i just had a chip)

whiplash306

Established Member
Definately a noob here, but I wish you guys lived down here or vica/versa. I'd love to run 'ya...4.10's and PI's...no problem. We could even film it. Guy driven' the STi vs. a basically stock '98 GT and just barely pullin' must of been a tard! For the record guys....I'm not trying to offend anyone. I'm a Mustang man at heart...and am infact on my 7th one currently...that along with my STi and GN. My next car, within the next month or two WILL be an '04 Cobra...I miss my Mustangs TERRIBLY!!!!

Last edited:

Redfire03

Established Member
An SRT is not an STi. I know your car is very quick but i dont think it is capable of 13 second 1/4 miles and high 4 second 0-60's.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
yeah i know but srt and sti are a drivers race with the edge goin to an sti (from a roll not a dig) since the EVO and STI is a drivers race and srts pull stock evos (stock for stock)

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
Redfire03 said:
An SRT is not an STi. I know your car is very quick but i dont think it is capable of 13 second 1/4 miles and high 4 second 0-60's.

agreed on the 0-60 part ...seems iffy

DrZacharyus

Banned
my car is capable of high 13's with good track prep I WISH I COULD DO 0-60 in 4 seconds lol i think im around 5.5-6.0 with a good launch

4tun8

Evolved
Established Member
my car is capable of high 13's with good track prep I WISH I COULD DO 0-60 in 4 seconds lol i think im around 5.5-6.0 with a good launch

Doubt it. Considering you said your best was [email protected]ough I saw your 60 foot was a 2.6 (the green light means go btw). All of your mods netted you half a second over stock basically, but now you're saying with good track prep you're going to take almost another full second off that?

numbers I found

2004 Volkswagen GTI 1.8t (manual) 6.5 15.2
6.5 second 0-60, 15.2 ET.

taken from
http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

If you're not getting absolutely smoked by your friends STI then he's pushing the wrong pedal.

Last edited:

DrZacharyus

Banned
a gti on street tires ran 13.651 at 99.76 mph at a better trap, and i think my car is capable of that trap at a good track

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread