GT vs STI and Mach 1 vs STI

prokill00

Established Member
Rewind 6 months ago. I had my '02 GT and my friend had an '06 Stage 2 STI. He gave me a lubeless rape. I had roughly 260whp at the time he was tipping 300whp.
He traded his '06 STI in for an '07 STI with 4,000 miles. The '07s have longer gears (finally able to hit 60 in second gear rather than 3rd like the '06). His new STI is bone stock. I raced him from a 40 roll and walked on him. I was pretty surprised.
Now fast forward to 2013. I'm driving my Mach 1 with intake and exhaust. Even though I dont have suspension I'm rolling on 315's. I got ballsy and decided to race him from a dig. We both launched and he of course got the jump with the AWD. However, much to my surprise I caught him by the end of first gear. By the time I wound out second I was so far ahead of him (about 5 car lengths) I thought he stopped racing so I let off. I put it in 3rd and let off and I hear him come screaming by, so I wound out 3rd as well and flew past him a second time.
I was impressed how quickly the car hooked with these tires. Can't wait to put the Procharger on and see what I'll do once he's reppin the E85 tune.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
I had a bone stock Mach 1, and ran my buddies bone stock STi from a couple digs. I would catch him in 2nd and pull a little. Without a 2step or a damn good driver, STis are actually not impressive at all stock.
Good kill

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I remember some kid in his stock STI rolling up on me looking for a race, I walked him hard but I was also supercharged. I thought his car seemed awful slow from a 50 roll to be looking for races only to be severely beaten? It was a nice looking car.

prokill00

Established Member
What kinda 315s do you have out back? Nice kill

Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta's, they are a beautiful looking tire and the handling on them is unbelievable. Giugiarro helped to design them, the same guy who did that wild orange concept Mustang a few years back.
sessanta1_2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread