GT PP vs. base GT350

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
No one here can actually answer this question because no one here has driven the GT350. Let alone one without the track package.

Bump this thread i about 8 months.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Different shock valveing, different half shafts, different Hubs.

The 15 GT/PP seems to be on par with the 13 Boss on lap times(which weirdly 1% better then the 12 Boss lap times) Will have to wait to see what lap times are published on the GT350.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
91 more hp, 29 more tq, better brakes, better tires, same weight, and most likely a far better transmission. I'd say it's no contest.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
I was responding to F8L SN8K's comment. No sarcasm intended there either if it came off that way.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Wrong. The base gt350 will have magnetic shocks.

I haven't seen anything at all that shows the base package having them. Want to enlighten me? Tech pack adds them, track pack adds them, and R package adds them, but nothing I've seen says that the $49,000 base GT350 will have MRC.

F8L SN8K

Established Member
91 more hp, 29 more tq, better brakes, better tires, same weight, and most likely a far better transmission. I'd say it's no contest.
I certainly agree no contest between the two. Especially factoring in the HP difference and tires. He just asked difference in suspension. The GTPP is good and Dave Pericak has been quoted saying it out handles the Boss which is sorta true by the numbers I've seen on several types of road courses. With the right driver the Boss is simply amazing letting it all hang out on a road course. Last one I was in(stock) was hanging with a race prepped 00R(and passed it). The Boss has more performance potential then what most of the owners have talent to handle. The GTPP does too. The GT350 will follow suit as most drivers will run out of talent WAY before the car reaches its limits.

Last edited:

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
That is correct. Tech and Track packages can not bordered together.

And the electronic package is R only too.

This is strange, no? Maybe Ford will revise this - because a GT350 without the Track package is hardly different than a 5.0 GT with the PP, from a handling perspective.

Lemers

Established Member
i don't know about that.

Both the TECH and TRACK packages come with the same major handling component; the MagRide Suspension. So handling should be the same.

The advantage of the TRACK Package is that it has the oil and transmission coolers that will help you have longer runs on track days.

The advantage of the TECH Package is that it's more comfortable and functional as a daily driver.

Last edited:

Rainmaker

2highPSI
Established Member
i don't know about that.

Both the TECH and TRACK packages come with the same major handling component; the MagRide Suspension. So handling should be the same.

The advantage of the TRACK Package is that it has the oil and transmission coolers that will help you have longer runs on track days.

The advantage of the TECH Package is that it's more comfortable and functional as a daily driver.

Sorry, your correct. It slipped my mind that the Tech package also includes the MagRide suspension. However, to get the Recaros - you have to either order the TRACK package, or just order the 'R' model, correct?

Users who are viewing this thread