GT PI Intake Manifold

BawseOG

Established Member
I need some help, I have a dorman intake manifold on my 01 GT and I'm looking for a PI Intake manifold. I found a guy selling one on craigslist with what looks like a Professional Products throttle/plenum, but I'm not sure if the manifold is in fact a PI. It does have the aluminum crossover but i know there are some 96-98 manifold with that also. I've been comparing pictures of PI manifold versus this one but for some reason I feel that there is a difference between them. Can you guys take a look and let me know what y'all think?
3G33p33H75Nc5E35Jcd1kbc3c83d19b9d1439.jpg

3Ka3N73lb5E75Kc5J1d1k48092f20496f1d3b.jpg

Last edited:

BawseOG

Established Member
If i go see it in person is there a serial number on there that i may verify if indeed its a PI intake manifold? Also if its not a PI intake, do you guys think I should just buy the throttlebody/plenum? I know this is one of the weak points on our 2v, just wondering if these might be a good choice.

Stanger00

Established Member
How much are you buying it for? Anything above free I would pass. I had that exact intake manifold with 2 temp sensor holes tapped in it and the aluminum separated from the plastic under the thermostat housing.

It is a PI manifold. I will do some digging to see if there is a picture with the part number.

glittle75

Established Member
Yes thats a PI intake. First runner (front) goes to driver side head.
NPI's go to the passenger side head.

Honestly, just get the TB/Plenum. The Dorman you have is the same manifold. Just a different brand. No gains to be had. Ford doesn't make em anymore, Dorman bought the mold and rebranded them under their name.

Depending on you setup / goals, I would pass on all of it, port your stocker, and call it a day.

The Intake on a 2v is not THAT big of a restriction, its the heads that suck.

BawseOG

Established Member
thanks for your replies. I asked the guy to send me a picture of the serial number on there and it came out to 2l2e-9424-ab. I tired searching that number without any luck. Can you guys tell me if thats the same serial number on your PI manifold?

jmonday

Established Member
Here are two heads, the clean, new looking one, is a pi head were you can reference the intake holes and compare them the the dirty looking head which is the non-pi head. The pi heads have larger more rectangular holes compared to the round and smaller non-pi heads holes.

Before I did the head swap I swapped the intake and that is why it is dirty around the non-pi heads holes.

7avy6y5u.jpg
utu7uryn.jpg

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread