GT MK IV posts the first sub-2:00 GT car lap of COTA

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
I still want to see pics of the car! Pretty please!

PXL_20240229_150025827.MP.jpg

PXL_20240229_150106945.MP.jpg

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
gorgeous car. The aero covers (I assume that's what they are) on the wheels are...interesting

I didn't get any for my car - I prefer the standard look. This was just the wheel set which happened to have fresh tires when I did the first 1:59 lap.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
In the MKIV it's an EcoBoost 3.8. I hope to be able to share build pics presently...
Interesting. Is it a larger bore, stroke, or both? I am guessing a proprietary block and internals at this power level for longevity.

They are getting impressive power regardless.

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Interesting. Is it a larger bore, stroke, or both? I am guessing a proprietary block and internals at this power level for longevity.

They are getting impressive power regardless.

I believe it's bored & stroked, and yes, the power output is stout. That MPH at the end of the back straight is nuts, especially for a heavy aero car.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I believe it's bored & stroked, and yes, the power output is stout. That MPH at the end of the back straight is nuts, especially for a heavy aero car.
That downforce creates a lot of drag in essence. It takes a good amount of power to overcome, and it sounds like these are making it. Amazing machine. If the original street going version had been closer to this, maybe there would have been less haters. Or maybe not. Lol.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
That downforce creates a lot of drag in essence. It takes a good amount of power to overcome, and it sounds like these are making it. Amazing machine. If the original street going version had been closer to this, maybe there would have been less haters. Or maybe not. Lol.

please, there would still be weeping and gnashing of teeth that it doesn't have a V8

haven't looked into the MK cars at all but didn't realize they were a larger displacement version of the ecoboost. It would be interesting to see what they actually put down on a dyno

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I've got GTD chassis #42 coming.
Crazy that you know that chassis number this far in advance. I've seen the correspondence sent out by Owens and it seems rather generic and leads you to believe that deliveries will be well down the road from now.

Users who are viewing this thread