GT engine swap?

lsugt

Hey everyone, Im currently driving an 03 GT coupe. So far I only have and intake, bbk longtube headers and flowmaster catback. I was wondering if anyone here has heard about people with mustang gts swapping their engines with a termi? I was origianally going to buy new forged pistons, rods etc. for a blower but would it be cheaper and less of a long run problem to just swap it with a termi engine? Any help or advice on the subject would be greatly appreciated. thanks

SVTGT

Established Member
it can be done and its not to much work. i guy i work with at the dealership has a 99 GT that he put a 03 cobra engine in. and i have an 03 cobra engine in a Foxbody

modular89

Established Member
It not that much work to do it, but the terminator engines aren't cheap. Plus you would have to get all the cooling system for the supercharger. The best way to do it would be to buy a totalled cobra. It would be cheaper to just build the 2 valve and put a blower on it.

lsugt

gt swap

Ok so if I only swapped out the internals and the block on an 03 gt with 70k miles what else what would I have to switch out?? Would I have to change the tranni to handle the power? I'm sorry for my lack of intelligence on the subject. I'm very new to all of this stuff and its a lot to handle lol. Also could the car possibly be a daily driver if I did all of that work 2 it? Thanks any info is greatly appreciated

modular89

Established Member
I would look into getting a set of heads. That will really open up the potential power you can make. I got a friend that is running 10's on a procharged 2V with a stock tranny and a good clutch.

Users who are viewing this thread