GT Brake Swap On 2014 Shelby

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Hey guys.

I already have my 15" S77B welds on the GT500. Finally put together a video of the brake swap. It is fairly long mainly consisting of the Mustang bros working on the car. One more video is to come, swapping out the rear shocks.

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
Stupid question of the day, is there a noticeable loss in stopping power?

Not that I can tell or quantify. I typically do roll racing and the majority of the braking is done by the front Brembos. I would imagine there would be a difference if the car is tracked on a road course.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Why did you put drag wheels on a roll race car? I know it's a whole "weight" thing but once you have forward momentum, weight loss is not nearly as dramatic. Especially for something like a 50lb wheel that already has inertia.

ArchdukePoland

Established Member
It's called a good setup that works well for rolls and digs, DUH. Everyone does rolls in the OKC street scene. But I want to be down to do digs when the opportunity comes.

Also it looks hella good.

03terminat0r

Established Member
Subbed for the swapping shocks video. If you aren't already covering it, don't forget to cover how swapping the shocks affects the steering options (comfort,sport.....) and the normal and sport suspension modes. Good vid btw

Users who are viewing this thread