GT brake failure

air_commando88

Established Member
Hey guys I'm hoping someone may be able to help me out with this. I pulled into the grocery store today and everything was fine. I come back out about 10 mins later and as i approach the intersection my brake pedal goes clean to the floor. So I drove home going real slow and just downshifting to slow down; I tried pressing on the brakes and it was still going to the floor but felt like it was pulling to the left a little bit. As I entered the gate to get on base I pushed in on the pedal and noticed I had full brake pressure again and it worked fine. I took it to the hobby shop and couldn't find any discrepancies around the brakes calipers, fluid was full as well. I did notice that the drivers side wheel studs were a little hotter than those on the passenger side though. I bled the drivers side a little air was trapped but other than that I have been unable to get them to fail again. Any ideas on what to do so I hopefully don't have them fail at the worst possible time? Thanks for any help

spike_africa

Established Member
Have you replaced your pads, and the fluid yet? If not its time to put it up on jack stands and pull it all apart. That's not safe and I would be all over checking it out if it was me. Air got into you're system somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread