GT Borla Muffler

Tom B

Established Member
Does anyone have a source for the Borla muffler for the GT? I called my local SVT dealer and they don't see anything available for the GT. I also checked the Borla site and don't see anything listed.

Thanks,
Tom

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
I saw an Ad for borla in a grassroots motorsports magazine, and it had a GT on the picture. Probably doesnt help much.

Tom B

Established Member
XR4Turbo said:
I saw an Ad for borla in a grassroots motorsports magazine, and it had a GT on the picture. Probably doesnt help much.
Maybe someone knows of a large Borla dealer?

Florida Chris

Established Member
Tom B said:
Does anyone have a source for the Borla muffler for the GT? I called my local SVT dealer and they don't see anything available for the GT. I also checked the Borla site and don't see anything listed.

Thanks,
Tom

My dealer claims they can get it. I ordered it a week ago. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Tom B

Established Member
Florida Chris said:
My dealer claims they can get it. I ordered it a week ago. I'll let you know when it arrives.
Chris,
Can you tell me which dealer you are using? Are they charging full msrp? I have been told by a few guys that most SVT dealers give a 10-15% discount.

Thanks

John @ HPE

Established Member
We dyno tested a GT a few weeks ago and took the entire rear muffler off the car. The result was NO gain in rwhp or rw tq. FYI.

The Borla system might make more sound but if its catback, I doubt it will gain any power at all. You might want to do a before and after dyno test.

Vic

Established Member
John @ HPE said:
We dyno tested a GT a few weeks ago and took the entire rear muffler off the car. The result was NO gain in rwhp or rw tq. FYI.
QUOTE]

No exhaust at all didn't improve the breathing, but maybe experimenting with various pipe diameters might uncover a harmonic scavenging effect?

(heh heh, listen to me, like I know something!)

John @ HPE

Established Member
Vic said:
John @ HPE said:
QUOTE]

No exhaust at all didn't improve the breathing, but maybe experimenting with various pipe diameters might uncover a harmonic scavenging effect?

(heh heh, listen to me, like I know something!)

I doubt it. But lets see somebody get the Borla kit and do a before and after dyno test and see what the dyno says.

Big 8

Established Member
I believe if you called Borla they would be the best source for info? Better then your dealer?

In any event I remember reading about the Borla system in the SVT enthusiast? Maybe it wasnt :shrug: The articale stated the Borla was good for fifty HP?????? I know there was a thread on here some where? Would find that claim hard to believe after the above tests. I will run a search!

Users who are viewing this thread