gt 500's on ebay

sftdyna

Established Member
Well the shelby's are starting to pile up on ebay! in the last 10 days 95% failed to make msrp or reserve there are a few there now that I'm sure they are willing to let go at msrp. Take a look at the CRM vert with white stripes available at all-American ford, two months ago they wanted 10k over for a shelby seems things are changing quickly.

usmotox

Living the Dream!
Established Member
Could it be many of the idiots have already been found LOL every one will be taking the big swing now but if they strike out thay still have a popular car.

Iceman5000

Speedfreak
Established Member
Its been that way all summer. At last count only 6 or 7 actually sold on ebay since May.
The last one to actually sell was Aug 13th. The dealers that list on there are completely clueless.

NJSP117

Established Member
Yeah, I tend to agree...the market for these cars usually drops off a bit once it gets cold in the northeast...but I'm sure they still move in FL and CA....

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
eBay is NOT a good new car sales tool.

Never has been- and never will be. The site is not designed that way.

Autotrader, cars.com, and for direct are a much better gauge and sales tool.

SVTKen

Established Member
I'm seeing more and more showing up locally and on search sites like cargurus, autonation, e-bay, cars.com, and the midatlantic Ford search site. I also noticed that the ones with ADMs are not selling, regardless of where they are listed. I'm going to go out on a limb and predict that when the streets across the country have ice on them, there will be deals available. Many people store these cars during the winter. I'm not sure what percentage of owners do this, but those kinds of buyers will not want to buy it now and store it all winter long. The stock tires on the Shelby will be like giant hockey pucks in cold weather, rendering almost all of the 662 hp useless [until Spring]!

CMP

Fanatic Cobra Poster
Established Member
I honestly think the new Shelbys on EBay are people that opted to pay out of their butts to get the cars early (in hopes of selling them even higher for profit). Since there were a couple (not a lot) of dealerships that were getting the new Shelby out the door for MSRP that plan probably did not work out (the wonders of internet research:rockon:).

sftdyna

Established Member
Well i got a call from all american ford in NJ this afternoon letting me know they had a vert i inquired about and they would sell it at msrp! as i am no longer entertaining a 13 and have been offered one of only two allocations for a 2014 from my local dealer i declined the offer. Funny thing is there ebay add is listed at msrp and it appears they are taking offers so if anyone is looking for a beautiful vert i thing slightly under msrp is possible.

930chas

Established Member
Local dealer just got one in, they have it listed at $86k. Absolutely beautiful car, but that is just outrageous.

Users who are viewing this thread