GT-500 spotted here in Calgary

fordification

Established Member
I'm not sure how it's possible, but I just saw a blue on white rip down the street. no pics yet, but I'm sure it's from the dealer just down the street. Has anyone heard of Canada getting theirs already? I'll probably head down there at lunch. Exhaust sounded thoaty and with a very smooth throttle response.

Gonzo17

Not that I am doubting you, But there is a blue GT that has been modified to "look" like a GT500 (well...similar) with the GT500 side stripes and all. The nose/grill and hood are definately GT though.

Just wondering how good a look you had as I was almost fooled by this impersonator car.

fordification

Established Member
Gonzo17 said:
Not that I am doubting you, But there is a blue GT that has been modified to "look" like a GT500 (well...similar) with the GT500 side stripes and all. The nose/grill and hood are definately GT though.

Just wondering how good a look you had as I was almost fooled by this impersonator car.

I'm thinking it was just a modded gt. I know Davenport does have a blue and white with the same rocker panel decal. I only saw a glimpse of it, and only thing I really saw was the "GT-500" rocker decal.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I remember when the Lightnings came out a local dealer here in WV (Astorg Ford), took regular bed 4.6 F-150s and put Lightning emblems and wheels on them along with rear exit dual exhausts.

A guy from my town bought one a was running around bragging about his Lightning and had A LOT of people convinced ;) . It was sad. I used to follow him around in my Ligtning asking him if he wanted to race a real one, and he just ignored me. On time we were hanging at a local parking lot and he laid a little back mark showing off for some girls. I then proceded to lay two nice wide black marks across the whole lot. He left and never came back.

He ended up wrecking the truck trying to do things with it it was not made to do. That dealer quit doing that not soon after.

fordification

Established Member
I'm not sure what people get out of it. I also was planning on converting my 5.4 (which is sacrilege to others) but it would have the full drivetrain.

Has anyone heard about the blower whine on the gt-500? this one didn't have any at all, and most definitely wasn't a stock 4.6.

Users who are viewing this thread