gt 500 quads without valance?

Tomcat5157

Established Member
Has anyone installed the gt500 or similar quads without the valance? if so do you have any pictures? Not a big fan of the black plastic valance and would like to do without it if I can.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I wouldn't personally do it, have helped a couple of local guys trim the bumper|install quads while they waited on valances to ship. You can definitely trim it and not use the valance, looks a little funny, but will work.

28248s7.jpg

If you plasti dip the lower factory valance after, wouldn't look half bad, probably not necc on black> The other guy I helped had a white track pack, with plasti dipped factory valance, looked ok...I used a dremel multi-tool to do the trimming (with rear bumper off)

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Snake does that top pic have a valance on it or not? Kinda hard to tell. Also I would never let my car leave anywhere looking like the bottom picture...

That top pic of the black GT is with a trimmed factory bumper|no GT500 valance. I tucked the quads up as close as possible, also hit them with some black high temp paint, on the body of the muffler not the tips, so it would not be so obvious. This was a temporary measure until the valance shipped, he was waiting on trucarbon to ship the carbon fiber valance. They took quite sometime...

Tomcat5157

Established Member
Will be doing the valance as well. I don't think I'd be able to live with myself if I half a$$ed it. Maybe I can get it sanded and painted to match? Will be ordering them separate though so I may have to try out the painting to hide the fact that the balance isn't on. It will be 100% temparary though. Again thanks for the input.

Users who are viewing this thread