GT 500 Details

1FASFKR

Established Member
I wonder what chevy's response will be in 3 months now that the camaro isnt top dog at anything again lol

The new GT500 hasn't proven a damn thing yet. I want it to beat the Zl1 1LE as well but were still in a holding pattern where the Zl1 1LE is currently top dog until otherwise proven it's not. All the GT500 did was announce that it's a contender.

Streetpwr281

Established Member
It’s a cool, new, well engineered road course focused Mustang w solid power. Personally I’ll be keeping my 6spd manual equipped 13’ GT-500 and adding rods/pistons/cams and bumping up towards 1000rwhp. I don’t road race or autocross. Daily drive, possible half mile, and roll race on occasion against anything powerful. I also think those who generally like the S550 body styling will be more apt to pony up $80k+ but not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
So bottom 10's from the Shelby? Very impressive indeed. Looking forward to hearing more info on this car.

I don't bother getting into outlier chilly weather hero runs in mineshaft DA with 660 ft of VHT at Bradenton or Norwalk. It can only lead to disappointment (see: disparity between Demon marketing and customer results).

Average Joe, drive to track, pull to line, run 10s in the 130s, drive home. Or drive to road course.

CobraKid04

Established Member
I guess we are are in a generation of cars with edgy and bold styling. It's just too much for me.

The transmission is cool if you are trying to extract all performance, but I need a manual transmission.

While this car will perform well, cars have just past me by with all the technology and their styling. I like my toy car to be simple, elegant and engaging.

Next car for me.....13-14 gt500.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
A new car debut with no or little specs...………..FAIL!!!!!

We need to know engine #'s and weight and the fact that they did not reveal that at the debut tells me they are probably still trying to extract more ponies from this pony to make it look respectable.

Love the brakes, but I have a feeling this horse is hefty and probably needs those brakes to haul her down from speed.

One other thing, that front end looks exactly like the shadowy front end leaked last year but when you saw those camo cars driving around the front end on those cars look nothing like this car in the front end.

Car mags need to test this thing so we can get the real answer to this steed...……..for me at this moment *YAWN*.

One other vid:

Tony

blk02edge

Established Member
The new GT500 hasn't proven a damn thing yet. I want it to beat the Zl1 1LE as well but were still in a holding pattern where the Zl1 1LE is currently top dog until otherwise proven it's not. All the GT500 did was announce that it's a contender.
You are right, I am speculating but if you think it wont be faster than the 1le then I dunno what to tell you.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
1LE is ****ING Manual transmission. This car will DESTROY it on Transmission alone.

Please... tell me more!

AE434CAB-01A0-4EC8-969B-E29038300F51.png

Cman01

hello
Established Member
At this moment, they are saying this car is generally doing 0-60mph in 3.5 sec., well check back about 6 years ago and the car mags tested Trinity's also running 0-60 in the same time.

The new car will be faster to the 1/4 but most of that is probably because of the lame gear ratios in the old car vs. this one (do we have gear ratio specs? Probably not), and I'm quite sure this car will track faster times on a road course vs. a 13/14 car.

Found this cold start with revs:

blk02edge

Established Member
At this moment, they are saying this car is generally doing 0-60mph in 3.5 sec., well check back about 6 years ago and the car mags tested Trinity's also running 0-60 in the same time.

The new car will be faster to the 1/4 but most of that is probably because of the lame gear ratios in the old car vs. this one (do we have gear ratio specs? Probably not), and I'm quite sure this car will track faster times on a road course vs. a 13/14 car.

Found this cold start with revs:

Ooof track the same as a 13/14? Ill bet you the deed to my house that you are off by a mile

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Where did I say this car is tracking the same times as a 13/14 on a road course? Read my post again. Ford is saying 0-60 for the new car is mid 3 sec times and guess what? I checked tests from C&D, Motor Trend and Motorweek (check youtube), all 3 got 3.5 sec 0-60 times for a Trinity Shelby.

They (test drivers) might get a bit quicker 0-60 times but with the extra power, DCT and the fact gearing sucks on a Trinity this car should be quicker 0-60 (and as of right now it's not). I have no doubt it will be quicker on the other specs only because of the extra power and the DCT unless this car ends up porking out more than a 13/14 car.

One more vid:

Last edited:

91z28350

Established Member
So, the hood and fenders are composite? I think it is awesome, and MSN autos has one picture with the standard wing (looks like the GT350 wing) )pic from MSN Autos)
  • BBSecn5.jpg

91z28350

Established Member
Will make an awesome Stable Mate to my 2012, but this time I am not going so insane with the mods. The 2012 is just this side of unstreetable.

blk02edge

Established Member
Where did I say this car is tracking the same times as a 13/14 on a road course? Read my post again. Ford is saying 0-60 for the new car is mid 3 sec times and guess what? I checked tests from C&D, Motor Trend and Motorweek (check youtube), all 3 got 3.5 sec 0-60 times for a Trinity Shelby.

They (test drivers) might get a bit quicker 0-60 times but with the extra power, DCT and the fact gearing sucks on a Trinity this car should be quicker 0-60 (and as of right now it's not). I have no doubt it will be quicker on the other specs only because of the extra power and the DCT unless this car ends up porking out more than a 13/14 car.

One more vid:

Yep I mis read you

Users who are viewing this thread