gt 500 axle back

TXSVT1

Established Member
I know these are a popular mod for us 5.0 but I am wondering , do they really help hp or tq wise or is it just for sound? Are the 2013 and 2012 gt 500 axle backs the same? Thanks for any info

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I know these are a popular mod for us 5.0 but I am wondering , do they really help hp or tq wise or is it just for sound? Are the 2013 and 2012 gt 500 axle backs the same? Thanks for any info

no axle back will give you any power gains anywhere. the 2013 and 2012 gt500 ab are not the same. the 2013 has 2 tips per muffler.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Gt-500 represent the best of both worlds great sound without being obnoxious. i went from roushes to these and i never looked back....i painted mine high heat flat black , don't like the metal look from the back. This way you only see them 4 inch tips!

CorDog009

Established Member
I love the GT500 sound after I swapped to those. You can swap the rear valance and run the '13 dual tips if you want. I like them better, but got a deal on my '12s and couldn't pass them up. I may paint mine black now that I think about it. I was in a hurry installing them and forgot all about it.

darreng505

Established Member
Gt-500 represent the best of both worlds great sound without being obnoxious. i went from roushes to these and i never looked back....i painted mine high heat flat black , don't like the metal look from the back. This way you only see them 4 inch tips!

Same here. But I went a step farther and did the whole thing. tips and all. Goes good with my yellow blaze boss.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Same here, I haven't heard anything on these cars I liked better. Aggressive sound, but not overpowering.

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
Same here. But I went a step farther and did the whole thing. tips and all. Goes good with my yellow blaze boss.
Do you have any pics? I installed 2012 GT500 mufflers on my Boss and only painted the muffler face with temp paint. Interested to see how it looks on your car

Users who are viewing this thread