GT 500 After Market Hoods

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Pretty impressed with the BMC black Mamba hood on my car...to ask which is the best is very opinion based so the answers will vary.

OFLM

Established Member
Agree, it is an open ended question.

Here is the situation. I had an "accident" (better left unexplained) that has left my hood with enough damage to make me consider replacing my hood. While I have looked at hoods in the past I have never seriously considered buying one until now. I like the looks of the black mamba hood. I have also considered the Cervinis Type 4 Ram Air Hood. However, I have no clue which hoods are constructed well. My first priority is to purchase a quality product, looks are secondary.

Any help or advice anyone can give me on this subject would be appreciated. I don't want to waste a pile of money and not be satisfied with the hood.

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
You can't go wrong with anything from Cervinis... But as stated, there are alot of opinions. In my limited experience, Cervinis is consistent with quality.

- Aj -

Established Member
My Shelby hood was pretty raw upon arrival according to the bodyshop. Fits pretty well at this point.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Now that you have narrowed your requirements I will say this about BMC's black Mamba hood....it fits spectacular and the finish with paint on it is spectacular. I refuse to settle on body part fitment and I was enthused with the final product. Cervini makes EXCELLENT pieces...I just didnt like their rendition of the Super snake'ish style hood...thats my .02 :)

1320 Junkie

Established Member
20140430_182309_zpssbw60ykh.jpg

IMG_20140608_161615_zpswm3nopg5.jpg

BMC Black Mamba

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
IMG_20140721_205533_zpsuqghahom.jpg

If u look directly in the center of the hood you can see where I had to notch the hood. The bump out is the only thing that interfere's with the blower..easy fix.

masterman

Established Member
As in the finish? If thats what your asking...its impeccable. Fully finished and well made.ill go grab a pic out of my photobucket

sorry for the confusion. I meant from within the cabin. Any noticeable difference in view? Since there is some rise in the hood now I was wondering if it was noticeable... if at all.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
sorry for the confusion. I meant from within the cabin. Any noticeable difference in view? Since there is some rise in the hood now I was wondering if it was noticeable... if at all.

Very slight..I like it. Makes it feel more "muscle car"

scotsam

Established Member
Albrightsville, Pennsylvania, United States
I have the same dilemma. Minus the accident. I have had good luck with cevinis hoods but I'm not overly fond of what they have for the 10 and up cars. The bmc seems to be the one it looks great and the fit and finish looks excellent too. It is on the pricey side a little. I have been looking at this http://www.ebay.com/itm/141343705375?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
But I don't see any real feedback which may or may not be a problem I just hate being the tester! In the end it will probably be the bmc being it's tried and true. As always it seems, spending more once is cheaper than spending less once and more later!

Last edited:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
I like the fit and finish of my TRUFIBER hood

Attachments

• 84a0a54.jpg
    84a0a54.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 232

Tmatt142

Established Member
The black mamba hood is made by tru fiber. I'm happy with it so far...My body shop guy said it was the best quality aftermarket hood he's had to work on.

Users who are viewing this thread