GSG-5 .22 carbine

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I'm looking for a good plinker to get and I've heard a lot of really good things about this particular gun. Evidently they're hard to find but a lot of fun to shoot, accurate, and very reliable. I've found a couple around my area and online and they've all been between $450-$550.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJchaZNORsE"]YouTube- GSG-5 .22 Carbine: Subgun for the Masses[/nomedia]
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7SP94Ftros&feature=related"]YouTube- GSG 5 Rapid Fire Reliability[/nomedia]

Junior00

Hurter Of Delicate Vaginas
Established Member
Premium Member
An excellent gun if I do say so myself. Tons of fun, and yes...a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot with .22lr. Unfortunately after the lawsuit with ATI(GSG makers) and H&K, they are no longer able to be imported...although the stock already in the US is still available for purchase. IIRC, this happened sometime around Sept. 09. I don't know how the support issue will be handles if you have a problem though. The price on these guns has gone up a bit as a result but I have seen near perfect guns sold for ~400 while many are wanting upwards of ~550 for new ones.

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
An excellent gun if I do say so myself. Tons of fun, and yes...a hell of a lot cheaper to shoot with .22lr. Unfortunately after the lawsuit with ATI(GSG makers) and H&K, they are no longer able to be imported...although the stock already in the US is still available for purchase. IIRC, this happened sometime around Sept. 09. I don't know how the support issue will be handles if you have a problem though. The price on these guns has gone up a bit as a result but I have seen near perfect guns sold for ~400 while many are wanting upwards of ~550 for new ones.

Thanks for the response. I have heard a few things about the lawsuit but was unsure what it meant for customer service or replacement parts. I'll have to see what else I can find out about that.

x99blacksnakex

Horsepower over Willpower
Established Member
They are a ton of fun to shoot. Of course being a .22 you can shoot one all day for pretty cheap. I'd say grab one, slap a decent red dot sight on it, and you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

J_ho67

MD in training
Established Member
They are a ton of fun to shoot. Of course being a .22 you can shoot one all day for pretty cheap. I'd say grab one, slap a decent red dot sight on it, and you should be good to go. :thumbsup:

My thoughts exactly. Seems like there's a pretty large market or attachments and modifications and I've actually found a pretty extensive community for them online. I'll have to see if I can find one to shoot before making a purchase.

Sarge_13

Established Member
My thoughts exactly. Seems like there's a pretty large market or attachments and modifications and I've actually found a pretty extensive community for them online. I'll have to see if I can find one to shoot before making a purchase.

I haven't shot the GSG-5 before but if you're looking for a plinker AR then the S&W MP-22 is fun as hell to shoot as is the .22 Colt.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I've shot my friend's GSG-5 with a red dot on it. Bottom line it was just a good reliable plincker and I enjoyed shooting it.

txyaloo

Established Member
GSG-5's had a lot of problems when they were released since they were basically airsoft guns modified slightly to fire live ammo. That said, they're fun little guns. Not nearly as fun as the real deal, but also not expensive.

One of the major HK clone manufactures has been talking about building a true to HK design .22LR. I've been waiting on that thing since it would allow use of a sear which means full auto .22.

Steve@BAS

Established Member
In the same price range you can also get Smith and Wesson 22s

MP 15-22

mp345.jpg

MP 15-22P

swmp15-22p2.jpg

Never_Enough

Established Member
I had one. It was a POS. Mag release broke and it was never accurate. Just get a Ruger 10/22

scooterposse

FRRRRRRRRRUNKIS
Established Member
heres my gsg next to my calico m100 the calico is .22lr also and holds 100 rounds. never had a problem with either one

DSCF0591.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread