Grrrrrrrrr

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
I'm taking the supercharger off, and I can't for the life of me get the rear two bolts off. I have them all the way loose, but they don't clear the firewall. What the hell is wrong with me?:cuss:

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
pull the bolts up bout half way..and then lift the super charger off...

usually easier done with two people...one per side to keep the bolts bout half way up

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
the bolts hit the top of the fire wall. when I get them up half way, they keep the blower from being pulled off. Am I stupid or something?

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
bgstew6 said:
pull the bolts up bout half way..and then lift the super charger off...

usually easier done with two people...one per side to keep the bolts bout half way up

Thats how we got Mai's eaton off. except I wanna say we had to finagle it at a slight angle. but yeah half way up and you are done

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
I think my head may explode soon. We shall see. I'll be back in 10

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
yeah there is some fenagling that has to occur.....kinda hard to explain....but that is the jist....

some trucks are just like that, and I attribute that to how the cab was set. too far forward and a little tricky getting the SC...back well pretty simple...my truck no problems...my buddies truck exact year as mine and tricky.

Last edited:

morrison_205

Established Member
lift up the sc enough to get your middle fingers underneath and hold the bolts half way with your index fingers then lift it out with the front of the supercharger tilted down thats the way i just did it monday night.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
I know your frustration. Mine come right out with plenty of room, but when Ryan and I did his, it was a PITA to get them out.

13 Z

Spandex is a right
Established Member
well, thanks for the help guys. Once morrison gave me a break down I was good to go. This is my first time REALLY working on this truck...what a PITA. There is no room under this hood.

but I still love it for some reason...

03blklightning

INTERCEPTOR
Established Member
Next time just take the hood off. I have done that to several cars that I have owned. It makes working on the truck so much easier.

DarkShadow Drew

Boost Addicted
Established Member
I do remember that was the biggest PITA when i pulled my blower off. I remember getting very mad and saying things that i shouldn't have said to my truck.

Users who are viewing this thread