grr, tire shop couldnt get my 315's on...

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
anyone ever have a tire shop just give up on you? haha. Got a set of 315/30/18's for my 18x10 bullits outback to replace the bald tires that are on now and well, they struggled for a good hour on one rim and said *armo accent* "bro...they are way too big waaaay to big". Was really hoping to have these on before the weekend, plus my birthday being tomorrow as well (yep, xmas baby, lol). DOH!

anyhoo, just want to be sure but they SHOULD fit right? Ive had 305 nittos before but i hear they run a lil narrow. And i know a ton of you have 315's on your stangs. Also, even if they do fit, will I have rubbing issues?? Just curious, today brought up a few questions.

And ofcourse, great excuse to post up pics of your 315's :D

22766_1302434929659_1494037335_810549_5768316_n.jpg

Slow mustang :(
Established Member
Which tire shop?

Did you try the one on San Gabriel blvd? It's on the left side while coming to my shop from your house.

That's the place I get my tires and their machines look fairly decent.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Which tire shop?

Did you try the one on San Gabriel blvd? It's on the left side while coming to my shop from your house.

That's the place I get my tires and their machines look fairly decent.

use to be a discount tire on whittier. same place just a new name. I went to them cause being that its xmas eve a lot of people closed early. Totally crossed my mind what day it was. Gave them a call and they were cool enough to take me in despite having closed 5 minutes prior to calling, so I cant complain I felt like a dick for wasting their time. Ill give your place a shot too ken just incase. Kev knows a good tire shop in covina

mustangvsix

4 point 6
Established Member
315's will definitely fit. Just have to try another shop I guess. Pretty sure I have seen guys on here stuff a 335 on an 18*10.

Predatorbird

Established Member
What brand are those tires? They look like they run pretty wide compared to Nitto. I know that's not a recommended size for a 10'' wheel, but people have put them on. Your car is going to look sick with those on.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
Hancook Ventus R-S2's. I know people have put them on. Im actually worried about rubbing. What size are your tires bro? your stang looks great. I would have loved to have red!

Predatorbird

Established Member
Hancook Ventus R-S2's. I know people have put them on. Im actually worried about rubbing. What size are your tires bro? your stang looks great. I would have loved to have red!

I have BFG 295/35's with a 3/8'' spacer and low profile bolts.

Predatorbird

Established Member
do you have the spacer for aesthetics or cause you needed it? Im running that same size now and have also had those same tires without a spacer or low pro bolts with no issue ..:??:

The spacer is for looks and the low profile bolts were done when I lowered my car. Those bolts came out to swing down the irs so I figured it was a good time to switch them out. I don't need them, but I wanted the option to run wider tires if I wanted to.

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
oic, neeto. Looks good I think ima look into those bolts. Hopefully I wont need spacers. Well see. Hoping to get them mounted tomorrow

carrew

'01 Cobra Jet
Established Member
You need to find a new shop, go to tirerack and pull a local shop listing. Find a race or performance shop they will do it no problem at all. Lowrider shop could do it too. Try putting a 145/80/13 on a 8" wide rim.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I had a set of 315's mounted on 9" rims (drag racing only) and the shop had no problem putting those one.

Four cam slam

Bacon Enthusiast
Established Member
if its a deep dish wheel...

The tire has to go on from the BACK of thre rim! So you need a shop with a good machine, so not to damage the outer "dish" or lip of your rim. Thats where the clamps on the machine will have to grab. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread