Growing concerns for America's security?

SciFiHiFi

Established Member
The only growing part of the concern is the extra attention from the media. Our enemies didn't wait until everyone got ipads to start hacking critical networks. Look up an attack called Moonlight Maze (1998) and another called Titan Rain (2003). A good true account of compromise of military networks is a book called The Cuckoo's Egg which is from way back in the 80's.

The China stuff is what scares me the most. Picture a team of people who are talented at breaking security. Then picture an entire room, building, or campus full of those people hard at work 18 hours a day for years. I imagine the Chinese have something like this.

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
The only growing part of the concern is the extra attention from the media. Our enemies didn't wait until everyone got ipads to start hacking critical networks. Look up an attack called Moonlight Maze (1998) and another called Titan Rain (2003). A good true account of compromise of military networks is a book called The Cuckoo's Egg which is from way back in the 80's.

The China stuff is what scares me the most. Picture a team of people who are talented at breaking security. Then picture an entire room, building, or campus full of those people hard at work 18 hours a day for years. I imagine the Chinese have something like this.

We do too. Its called NSA.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Wow... The google issue wasn't even a hack per say on google... They stole people's account information probably using brute force, cracking passwords which happened to be government officials...how secure people make their passwords is not googles fault. And if you think that this is something to worry about you better think again... You think we aren't doing the same shit to these countries? How about the far beyond amazing worm that happened to get into irans nuclear site

Last edited:

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

lol using knockoff equipment with cracked versions of Windows in lead painted rooms. Not too worried........

and yes, the windows thing is a joke.....

Users who are viewing this thread