Ground Effects Question

brian3724

Established Member
I'm obviously new to this forum, and am about to purchase my first Cobra, and had one more question that I imagine a lot of you will find silly, but I figured I'd ask anyway since I'm a first time Cobra owner. I have noticed on the one that I'm going to buy that the strip that is about 6-8 inches wide that runs down both sides of the car about a foot up from the base seems like it doesn't line up like it should. The portion on the door lines up with the portion to the front just fine, but the portion to the rear seems like it's off from the door portion. I've looked at quite a few other Cobra photos and noticed the same thing on them. Is this normal? I'm assuming it's the the way that Ford designed it, but just wanted to see if anyone else has noticed this and if it's the norm. Sorry for all of the questions, I appreciate the help, thanks!

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Are you talking about the door moulding ?

Yeah, the way the ground effect comes back up on the fender in the front and the rear quarter behind the door, the door moulding never perfectly line up with the ground effects. They are all like that, even mine from day one.

brian3724

Established Member
Yeah, I was talking about the door molding. It just looked a bit off on both sides of the door, but Like I said, all of the other pics I've ever looked at of other Cobras have been exactly the same, so I assumed that was Ford's intention. It was no big deal, I was just curious. Thanks!

brian3724

Established Member
Sent off the check this afternoon. There's a 12 day period for the check to clear, so I'll be pulling out my hair in the meantime. I've waited this long for this car, so what's 12 days more?

buddha93

Established Member
Awesome!

I just made another purchase myself. I'll share when the deal is sealed and the cars is in my driveway.

Users who are viewing this thread