Ground Clearance with Long Tubes

NOWARRANTY

Established Member
Hello,

I am curious to hear about how much ground clearance is typically lost by going with long tube headers on these cars, if any? Is any one brand, size or type in particular better known for no loss in ground clearance over the other?

I've been contemplating the idea of long tubes for a while but can't afford any loss in ground clearance on my car so its been a toss up between long tubes or Kooks shorties which I suspect will be a safe bet but could be mistaken.

On an unrelated topic, is there any brand better known for perfect O2 bung placement over the others? I've heard more then a handful of stories about some headers with shotty O2 placement and bad angles and would prefer to not deal with such headaches if it can be avoided. I'm not concerned about cost if spending more = good O2 placement and no loss of ground clearance.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

SCalla1384

Established Member
I have only bottomed out once since I had LTs on. But it was the flange that connecte the mid to headers it was cocked so that was the lowest point. I'm on BMR springs. But I fixed it and not once for probably close to 4k miles.

I have Kooks headers fyi... No o2 issues but I'm on pumps but I'm pretty sure no one has had o2 issues with kooks headers

scott_0

Established Member
some hang lower than others, JBA's are one the ones that hang really low, my Pypes are pretty well tucked

Nuar

Established Member
I have ARH and they sit up as high as the oem mid pipe. Literally no ground clearance lost at all.

Users who are viewing this thread