Lightning Steve

Established Member
Gripstang, here is the bracket I made up to hold down the MTX

DSC00760.JPG

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
cool.
Is the bolt already in the cab or did you have to drill through the floor to get it in there?

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Dude very nice! Hmm I may have to do that, looks simple and secure.

So you have a bolt going up through the hole on the tab from the sub box with a nut on top? I like it.

I think I am indeed going to cover the box in something, the plastic is kinda ugly but it does kinda match the ugly plastic Ford put in the truck...

203Cree

Established Member
Best bet....

Buy the box and some new subs, throw away the MTX's. I'm running Infinity's in there. Hits hard. Only thing is you have to run a Bridged amp, so make sure your's is up to the task.

Lightning Steve

Established Member
Gripstang said:
So you have a bolt going up through the hole on the tab from the sub box with a nut on top? I like it.

The bolt that goes up through the MTX is a tappered head machine screw. The tappered head (think it was 5/16") just fits the hole and the box sits flush with the floor. Still planning (when the big thaw comes around) on doing something with the back floor area, the stock carpet doesn't completley cover. Also might look at doing something with the box itself, paint or covering.

My truck is also just about done. The body work is all finished and they just have to put the trim and other parts on, then inspect it mechanicaly. It looks pretty good from what I saw. The mech. told me he rejected two doors that they got in because of rust and insisted they get me a brand new door, so that was good. The best part is they fixed the cig. burn mark on my seat :banana: . It cost me $45 and I can't even notice it. I will try and find out the companys name and web site.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
203Cree said:
Best bet....

Buy the box and some new subs, throw away the MTX's. I'm running Infinity's in there. Hits hard. Only thing is you have to run a Bridged amp, so make sure your's is up to the task.
which infinity's? i have 4 of the 10.1D's crammed into my L.

20blackone00

Ridin Rims
Established Member
i got 2 10 inch JL Audio w3v3's i wish i would have went with the 12 inch w3v3's...i wanna put 4 12 inch JL Audio w6's in my bronco! anyone know of a place online to get them cheap??

203Cree

Established Member
bransharksfan said:
What kind of amp are you using to push them?

I had a Blaupunkt awhile back. It worked great until I had to bridge it. Then it just didn't have enough power to push clean. Right now, I don't even remeber the name of what I'm running. It's a 700 watter tho, pushes nice and clean. I'm probably going to be changing the setup here shortly. Looking at a class D amp. :)

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
203Cree said:
I'm probably going to be changing the setup here shortly. Looking at a class D amp. :)
id suggest a fosgate. for the money:power ratio you cant really beat a fosgate. they are way better amps than a fosgate for sure, but you will spend $$$$.

Users who are viewing this thread