Griots spray on bra

sonicblu03

Established Member
Has anyone used the Griots spray on bra? I was browsing through their latest magazine and noticed this. It is the first time I had ever seen/heard of such a thing. It is advertised to spray on and peel off with no damage to the paint. Seems perfect for road trips.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this product?

Thanks
Mike

oldmodman

Established Member
My neighbor tried it on a trip he made from Los Angeles to New mexico to Utah and back to Los Angeles. He sprayed it on a little thicker than suggested (on his 2003 Vette) and when he got back it was covered with bugs, tag, little hunks of gravel and other crap. It did wash off as instructed and underneath it his paint was in good shape. No paint chips or scratches. He figured that one can would do his car about twice. He used it on his rear quarter panels behind the rear wheels also.
Pretty expensive and time consuming to use every day but great if you are taking a long trip.
He was worried about leaving it on the paint for too long since someone on the Corvette site that he frequents said it discolored his paint when he left it on for six months.

sonicblu03

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I am making a trip to PA from TX this summer and looking to avoid chipping up the front of my car. Will only be on for 2 days at a time for the trip there and back.

Another option is blue painters tape. Another member here I think from Houston tried that with no ill effects to the paint or car.

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
sonicblu03 said:
Thanks for the info. I am making a trip to PA from TX this summer and looking to avoid chipping up the front of my car. Will only be on for 2 days at a time for the trip there and back.

Another option is blue painters tape. Another member here I think from Houston tried that with no ill effects to the paint or car.

Yeah, but the tape would look like shit.

svtguy22

Established Member
I have heard good and bad things about the spray on.

good, gets in those hard to get corners and doesnt wrinkle at all. Comes off easily.

bad, a friend of mine was washing his car about a week after it was applied and it started coming up after wiping down the front end. I have heard of fingerprints being left in it easily.

BUT if your just using it for the weekend for protection, it should be fine. Could get kinda pricey if you do i that way though.

sonicblu03

Established Member
yeah...just using it for the trip there (2 days) take it off for a week or so, then apply another bra for the trip home. Just looking to save front end chipping.

Users who are viewing this thread